Battery charging

blackcat

Jan 17, 2020
Forest of Dean
If a Bosch 600 battery was fully charged and then not used for 5 days , how much charge will it loose over 5 days and is it worth giving it a quick top up .?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Almost none. Ebike batteries don't appear to have a self discharge circuit to protect them like modern drone batteries. No point charging it again. The charger would probably say it's fully charged and switch off anyway.

It would be best for the batteries health to try and store it with 50-70% charge, generally, and then charge up the night before/morning of a ride. But occasionally my spare doesn't get used and so it sits for a week until I rotate it in. Not ideal but not the end of the world either.

Gordon

blackcat

Jan 17, 2020
Forest of Dean
Almost none. Ebike batteries don't appear to have a self discharge circuit to protect them like modern drone batteries. No point charging it again. The charger would probably say it's fully charged and switch off anyway.

It would be best for the batteries health to try and store it with 50-70% charge, generally, and then charge up the night before/morning of a ride. But occasionally my spare doesn't get used and so it sits for a week until I rotate it in. Not ideal but not the end of the world either.

Gordon
Thanks Gordon for the info

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles