Bafang M820 Speed Limit

crustafur

Nov 22, 2023
Orlando, FL
Hey all, I usually don't resort to forums for my technical questions, but I'm having trouble finding my answer.
Looks like my motor is speed limited to 16mph. I'm in the US and we are limited to 20mph and I'd like to correct that. Am I correct in thinking I need BESST Tool for that? Or can this be done on the Bafang app?
Thanks!

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
you might have an EU speed limit, 25kph (15.6 mph)
BESST will allow you to easily change this. You can also cheat with the wheel diameter

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Thanks @brbr , I had a feeling. What's another $100 in hardware for the joy of knowing I'm a DIYer for better or for worse. :ROFLMAO:
I can tell you I was quite unhappy to receive my motor with the wrong firmware, so the seller SOLD me the BESST to be able to use my bike :D ahaha DIY for the win !

jackamo

May 25, 2023
UK
Hey all, I usually don't resort to forums for my technical questions, but I'm having trouble finding my answer.
Looks like my motor is speed limited to 16mph. I'm in the US and we are limited to 20mph and I'd like to correct that. Am I correct in thinking I need BESST Tool for that? Or can this be done on the Bafang app?
Thanks!
Buy a speedbox or Volspeed, and f**k the limit 👍😉😉

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Buy a speedbox or Volspeed, and f**k the limit 👍😉😉
Why u want to pay extra for it? My besst can set up to 60kmh but the motor or you chainring will run out before reaching 50kmh.

Just follow this link below to setup BESST account without connecting to BAFANG server and you get FULL Access and use an order version of BESST

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Thanks!
Hello. Check also K1 Flash. No hassle with Besst, passwords, Python, and domains.
And comes also with firmwares on SD card + my support. ;)

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Hello. Check also K1 Flash. No hassle with Besst, passwords, Python, and domains.
And comes also with firmwares on SD card + my support. ;)
How much it's K1 flash? Can it increase motor power NM ? Currently m820 only produce 75nm, can we set it to 95nm?

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Mean when my battery level its abive 50% capacity I can push my motor harder , will it's over heat or burn my motor? What the price for BBR? Do I need K1 flash for it work?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
If you will be pushing harder also more overheat. And I have a bad experience with this. Somehow on M600 and M510 I did not get any temperature error even at 132 C degre.

Price of BBR starts at 160 Eur, must be connected permanently and can trick the battery and set speed limits.

K1 Flash is to set all motor parameters, firmware update and calibaraiton. Go through the page.

jackamo

May 25, 2023
UK
Why u want to pay extra for it? My besst can set up to 60kmh but the motor or you chainring will run out before reaching 50kmh.

Just follow this link below to setup BESST account without connecting to BAFANG server and you get FULL Access and use an order version of BESST

Why I don't have a bike with a bafang motor 🤔

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles