Bafang M560 variants 500w?

emtbwip

Jun 22, 2023
Switzerland
Noticed the Frey Dopamine advertising 2 variants using the Bafang M560, a 500w and the 750w. Does anyone have any info about the 500w or insight into the physical differences for these motors?

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
If I had to guess no physical difference, like how their others motors are, just software changes to limit max amps. Interestingly enough on bafangs page the m560 is listed as 750w rated but if you click the "more information" on the "oem page" its listed as 500w?

Tilt

Dec 12, 2022
France
If I had to guess no physical difference, like how their others motors are, just software changes to limit max amps. Interestingly enough on bafangs page the m560 is listed as 750w rated but if you click the "more information" on the "oem page" its listed as 500w?
500w = 130nm

emtbwip

Jun 22, 2023
Switzerland
I thought the same originally that purely software but apparently the 500w is currently being supplied whereas the 750w is not yet available.

Paolo

Aug 11, 2023
Rome
Who knows the reasons that conviced Bafang to produce just the M560 on the 500 rated watt version and to stop the 750 rated watt one? What issues does the 750 rated watt version make?

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Because they have to wait for next year's European Bicycle Show to announce the 750w motor. The M560 motor is designed to replace the M600 motor, just as the M630 motor is designed to replace the M620.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Looks like my M600 is on its last legs, been a good engine but looking at possibly a M560 replacement, anybody know of a reliable supplier and have bought from them ?

kiwitourer

Aug 25, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
Quick question, the M560, how much noisier over th M510 is it ?
I have just received a new E10 with the M560 500w motor. First test was extremely disappointing. The motor noise is incredibly loud. I would say twice as noisy as my M600. It also makes very strange 'grinding' noise at the point of motor engagement and disengagement when your cadence and torque input is low but enough to trigger the motor. I have gone back to the supplier and let them know that I can't accept this and will need to return it. It is that bad.
I have spare M600 which I can swap in. So unless I just got a bad one I would caution buyers to wait for more reviews as I have read about others complaining about how loud the motor noise is.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Interesting, my M600 has the later PEEK gear and is probably quieter than the Bosch but not as quiet as the Brose. I hear rumours that the M560 has again gone to a steel main gear, is that true and if so will that be the same as the original M600, where after about a year Bafang fitted a PEEK gear.

kiwitourer

Aug 25, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
Interesting, my M600 has the later PEEK gear and is probably quieter than the Bosch but not as quiet as the Brose. I hear rumours that the M560 has again gone to a steel main gear, is that true and if so will that be the same as the original M600, where after about a year Bafang fitted a PEEK gear.
I have imported 6 E10's with the M600 motor. The first 2 had the steel gears and the last 2 had Peek gears. The steel gear versions got quieter after about 200kms and now I can't tell apart from the Peek gear bikes. The noise level on them all is fine.
The M560 on the other hand is extremely loud. I would say twice that of the M600's. My motor was one of the first off the production line and arrived with 86km's and 261 minutes already recorded on the controller. This must have been a test motor so perhaps not representative of the motors produced later. I am waiting to hear back from my supplier (Dengfu) and if I can be assured that a replacement motor will be quieter, then I will get another M560. If not, I will swap in a spare M600 I have on hand.
This is why I am interested in how others with M560 are finding the motor noise. Hopefully it has been improved.

kiwitourer

Aug 25, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
Here is a video of the M560m motor noise using throttle. Note that the pedals spin when the wheel is lifted. This does not happen with the M600. The clutch system/engagement must be different. Note also that the usual Bafang chain guard is not fitted. It seems there are now mounts for the standard chain guards available on Aliexpress.

Clip of M600 motor noise for comparison. Excuse the dirty bike as finished a big ride through clay and mud earlier that day. Bike was cleaned after filming.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Here is a video of the M560m motor noise using throttle. Note that the pedals spin when the wheel is lifted. This does not happen with the M600. The clutch system/engagement must be different. Note also that the usual Bafang chain guard is not fitted. It seems there are now mounts for the standard chain guards available on Aliexpress.

Clip of M600 motor noise for comparison. Excuse the dirty bike as finished a big ride through clay and mud earlier that day. Bike was cleaned after filming.
That's a loud one. I will wait untill next year for this M560 revised.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles