Bafang m510

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
hi.i have tried yesterday my M510. clearly the torque sensor is more sensitive (too many in first level for my appreciation)and provide more powerful under heavy torque on cranks. But currently the motor is unusable. Sometime it working correctly, other time it cut assist at each pedal turn (alike it feel we stop turning ?). i doesn't see why it work sometime and other not ? i don't found the parameter who make the differencies.

my controler soft rev is: CRX10NC4814I 1010 03.02

Which version do you recommend ? i have read the returns, but it is not really clear.

my rev seem well appreciate by somebody ?

last rev seem CRX10NC4814i101003.5, but i don't see lot of return on it ?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
This is because nobody was able to successfully flash that fw. It seems there might now be s third revision of the motor...
? i have updated mine motor with the CRX10NC4814i101003.5, whithout any problems ? but it is does not ameliorate the motor cuting.

Strange, sometime it isi working more or less correctely, other time not. usable but very painfull when it cut any time when you go up. I don't isolate if it's a software failure (calculation loss) or hardware (torque sensor). it's seem less occur at high cranks RPM and high level, but i can't really reproduce failure or fuctioning as i want. it's like also of crank turn detection failure.

Nobody have requested bafang advice via her dealer ? everyone use her M510 in this condition ? no way for me, no pleasure.

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
I think most people are using CRX10NC4814i101003.1cs, but there is still a problem. You must wait about 30 seconds after switching on before applying pressure to the pedals.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
In reality there's no such thing as open/closed versions. You can configure the speed limit provided you get/find somebody with Besst tool. Also same way other parameters can be configured depending on the firmware used. I would recommend you reading the m500/m600 tunning thread. Everything is explained there in detail: Bafang M500/M600 Tuning & The BESST Tool

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Yes, it’s far from perfect but mostly ok. It cuts off very quickly at 25kph.
i have quickly tested on road and exept for lower power increase at 1st level i don't feel diferency, it 's still occur cuting. But as it exist 2 rev of 3.1 (3.1 and 3.1-cs) may be i was wrong, i have allready upload 3.1.cs and y will try later.

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
i have quickly tested on road and exept for lower power increase at 1st level i don't feel diferency, it 's still occur cuting. But as it exist 2 rev of 3.1 (3.1 and 3.1-cs) may be i was wrong, i have allready upload 3.1.cs and y will try later.
Yes, it needs to be the cs version.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
I was normally using version 1.2.18 to change the speed limit on my m500. What exactly happens when you try to set it above 25?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
@patdam

Are you sure you have flashed v 3.5?
Then you need to have last revision of motor.

Never seen version 3.02

If you have second revision use firmware 3.2 I have shared. It is ok, just you can not have 25kmh limit, around 25kmh you would feel heavy resistance.

Guys anybody has allready last revision motor with 3.5?

Last time one Leaderfox with M510 show up at me and there was version 17.5 - wtf?

vikino1

Oct 14, 2021
Slovakia Topoľčany
Normálne som používal verziu 1.2.18 na zmenu rýchlostného limitu na mojom m500. Čo sa presne stane, keď sa ho pokúsite nastaviť nad 25?
Toto vytlačí

received_645010990621730.jpeg

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
My M510 last about 400km and torque sensor failed. Motor can turn on but when I pedal no assist given. I don't know what caused this.
Then I wanna get after sales from my seller and she want me to send the motor to China. Will cost some money and time if i send from Indonesia to china.
Anyone here experience with after sales that no need to send motor to China and Bafang send the replacement part?

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Its difficult to diagnose your motor symptoms @temon10 by your analogy. If the motor spins freely when back pedaling and engages the chainring when pedaling forward, the motor (mechanically) should be fine.
It is possible that the internet poll magnet may have come loose. But you'd know whether it had, as you would hear it rattling around inside the motor.
You may need to recalibrate the motor torque settings using the Besst tool. But if you haven't messed around with any firmware swaps/updates, chances are they may not be the issue.

As for your question about the after sales care from Bafang,
I touch upon this in the above video. In particular,
Q9 (29:32): How often do you service your motors? &
Q11 (36:52): What are my experiences with Bafang's warranty?

Last edited:

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Its difficult to diagnose your motor symptoms @temon10 by your analogy. If the motor spins freely when back pedaling and engages the chainring when pedaling forward, the motor (mechanically) should be fine.
It is possible that the internet poll magnet may have come loose. But you'd know whether it had, as you would hear it rattling around inside the motor.
You may need to recalibrate the motor torque settings using the Besst tool. But if you haven't messed around with any firmware swaps/updates, chances are they may not be the issue.

"internet poll magnet may have come loose" where is it?
Motor spins freely when back pedalling. motor mechanical is ok after checked. I have besst tool, only can recalibrate motor position not torque sensor.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
@patdam

Are you sure you have flashed v 3.5?
Then you need to have last revision of motor.
yes installed without any problem, but cutting still occurring, may be little less intrusive than 3.02 but not great differency, usable but not plaisant. My controler hard is CRX10N.510.FC1.0
Never seen version 3.02
may be typing mistake and it was the 3.2 ? i can't check now, it is crushed
If you have second revision use firmware 3.2 I have shared. It is ok, just you can not have 25kmh limit, around 25kmh you would feel heavy resistance.
i will test this week-end the 3.1 cs, it seem have also heavy resistance at limit speed. speed limit at 25 km/h is not a problem for me if an motor braking not added. if exany, that is a problem
Guys anybody has allready last revision motor with 3.5?

Last time one Leaderfox with M510 show up at me and there was version 17.5 - wtf?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
"internet poll magnet may have come loose" where is it?
Motor spins freely when back pedalling. motor mechanical is ok after checked. I have besst tool, only can recalibrate motor position not torque sensor.
I don't remember if you ear externally something when you perform torque sensor calibration ? on my M510 nothing appen also when i do it.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france

Bafang warranty still seems to be problematic. they want to exchange only with the original dealer. they sale their motors with different after sale servicies and service center accesibility. Result if you purchase your motor in china (only place available for DIY builder), no support.
i need to fight several months with lot off people to solve an controler problem on M500 and they have accept to treat it only when they have reconized that it is impossible to purchase separately an spare controler (now possible). I have asked to my M510 dealer (mayebike) their mediation with bafang to solve the problem of motor cutting, no replies. i have asked to TOSA bike to purchase their software revision that they propose on their site, they refuse, they accept only that i sent to their my motor to install it themself.

Nobody can explain to bafang that their interests is to make easly accesible for customers an software revision debugged, when they have saled motor with problems ? this will not break thei market to sale custom soft to their dealer, but will avoiding their bad picture on netwoork

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-21 at 18.10.57.jpeg

U mean this magnet right? it is firmly on place, not loose a bit. so i think the problem is torque sensor.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Bafang warranty still seems to be problematic. they want to exchange only with the original dealer. they sale their motors with different after sale servicies and service center accesibility. Result if you purchase your motor in china (only place available for DIY builder), no support.
i need to fight several months with lot off people to solve an controler problem on M500 and they have accept to treat it only when they have reconized that it is impossible to purchase separately an spare controler (now possible). I have asked to my M510 dealer (mayebike) their mediation with bafang to solve the problem of motor cutting, no replies. i have asked to TOSA bike to purchase their software revision that they propose on their site, they refuse, they accept only that i sent to their my motor to install it themself.

Nobody can explain to bafang that their interests is to make easly accesible for customers an software revision debugged, when they have saled motor with problems ? this will not break thei market to sale custom soft to their dealer, but will avoiding their bad picture on netwoork
If my reseller won't help after sales, i will post it on FB group so she will be noted as unresponsible seller.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
View attachment 99739

U mean this magnet right? it is firmly on place, not loose a bit. so i think the problem is torque sensor.
I thought as much. You'd know if it was the magnet, as you would hear it rattling around.
Here's where you can get another one. Be sure to use the besst tool to recalibrate the motor upon installation.

Do you know how to remove the crank shaft?

If not, let me know and I'll post a detailed step by step method to follow along with what grease should be used 👍🏿

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
If my reseller won't help after sales, i will post it on FB group so she will be noted as unresponsible seller.
With your country location, may be more easier for you to benefit of bafang warranty policies ? but for european costumers who purchase in china, no ways

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles