Bafang m510

djol

Feb 28, 2022
Tasmania, Australia
Do you know if they sell bafang m510 motor?
They can sometimes source an m510 motor, but they seem still quite limited in supply so often won’t have any in stock. In which case you can usually find one through another seller on Aliexpress.

Re: wheels & chainring: 29ers and 32t for me coupled with a wide-range 10-speed cassette 11-48.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
I will buy a Bafang m510 engine. Do you know which cover I should choose?
bafang-m600-m500-motor-guard-cover.jpg

uef2

Nov 22, 2021
Germany
Stuff on right side is for M500, don't know if it fits M510!
These things are so unstable and break off on the threads. I've already installed the third part. With every slight touch you can be sure that it is defective. You can currently only order via Ali for the price of 25 euros!

uef2

Nov 22, 2021
Germany
These things are so unstable and break off on the threads. I've already installed the third part. With every slight touch you can be sure that it is defective. You can currently only order via Ali for the price of 25 euros!
I don't have any options, but a metal version would make perfect sense.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
I don't have any options, but a metal version would make perfect sense.
The problem is, you want it to break away before it pulls the threads out of the bike frame (a metal one would not break, so the frame would!). I'm looking at some sort of TPU or rubber based design, but it's way down on the priority list right now of things to design/print. Plus I wanted to scan the existing one, but my pixel 6 isn't up to the job of photogrammetry and can't justify the cost of a decent 3D scanner to replace a 25 Euro part! Maybe nylon screws so that they would give before hand could be an option too.

uef2

Nov 22, 2021
Germany
The problem is, you want it to break away before it pulls the threads out of the bike frame (a metal one would not break, so the frame would!). I'm looking at some sort of TPU or rubber based design, but it's way down on the priority list right now of things to design/print. Plus I wanted to scan the existing one, but my pixel 6 isn't up to the job of photogrammetry and can't justify the cost of a decent 3D scanner to replace a 25 Euro part! Maybe nylon screws so that they would give before hand could be an option too.
Yes, that is probably correct. Metal could damage the frame. Plastic screws are also a good solution, thanks for that!

uef2

Nov 22, 2021
Germany
TPU with a corresponding thickness could also be the solution. Maybe there is someone in the forum who has such opportunities and the STL available

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
I had selected 48v when ordering and was only asked for wheel-size and thumb throttle. But I think the power output stays the same because the 48v motor has lower amperage.
Only firmware and sticker are different, the hardware is all same.

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
47.7V its rather for 43V battery.
Anyway, if you owe 43V battery, just change the firmware in engine to 43V (Bafang need send one to you) and will work.
I know, had a discharged 50V battery hooked up to test to see when the motor goes into overvoltage protection

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
I had selected 48v when ordering and was only asked for wheel-size and thumb throttle. But I think the power output stays the same because the 48v motor has lower amperage.
and where did you order from? I ask because I need to get an m510 these days. so that it is not delivered to me wrong. that I don't have to change the battery😂😂😂. i think the power should be equal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles