All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Ruebi

Jul 17, 2023
Heidelberg
Has any1 ordered the "Carbon Raw" yet? I'm curious about how it looks in real pictures.
My frame is getting replaced with this one but have not yet seen it in real life :)

View attachment 146072

Mine is Carbon Raw Gloss. Looks awesome. Unfortunately you cannot see the raw structure on the picture.

IMG_9562.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

Miscel76

Oct 31, 2020
Melbourne
Hi All
Just bought an Ltd that is coming in a week. I can't find the length of the crankset and also do you know what's the standard head stem length? I bought it already built it as you can't use the MyO program anymore, the new Wild is coming out in a week apparently.
Cheers everyone
Mic

ZXR_Power

Jul 3, 2023
Germany
Crankset length and stem size depend on the frame size. For example size L should have a 40mm stem and 165mm cranks as standard parts.

ZXR_Power

Jul 3, 2023
Germany
Should be the same. Simply go to Orbea‘s website and choose your model and size. After that measurements will be displayed. Since we know a new model will arrive soon MyO configurator is no more availible for the wild. So always standard parts and measurements will be displayed.

ari

Mar 1, 2024
Australia
I wonder if the manufacturers ever think about the weight of paint? pretty much every part on a bike is either painted, stickered or anodized , maybe up to a kg of paint, obviously mild steel and CF needs paint , but the rest?

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
does anyone know is the new mullet link will fit the 2023 model
Someone asked this question in Orbea's official 2025 Wild -video on youtube.

Orbea replied saying it wont work:

"
...If you mount the linkage in a 2023 model the clearance between the motor mount and rear chainstay bridge would be too tight!
"

Chriso82

Jan 28, 2021
Worcestershire
Someone asked this question in Orbea's official 2025 Wild -video on youtube.

Orbea replied saying it wont work:

"
...If you mount the linkage in a 2023 model the clearance between the motor mount and rear chainstay bridge would be too tight!
"
I'd be interested to see that first

radoszmarci

Oct 21, 2024
Hungary
Dear EMTB Community and Orbea Wild riders (MY2023 onwards)!

I am sure I could find all the relevant information scrolling through couple of threads but I would like to spare that time and just ask you guys here.

Are there any major known issues for MY2023+ Orbea Wild bikes? Pivot issues, frame issues? Creaking headset routing? Cracked frames in know spots? Issues with warranty or customer service?

I am more curious about well known issues and problems rather just individual bad luck or an unfortunate case.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a great day,
Marcell

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England

I am sure I could find all the relevant information scrolling through couple of threads but I would like to spare that time and just ask you guys here.

Are there any major known issues for MY2023+ Orbea Wild bikes? Pivot issues, frame issues? Creaking headset routing? Cracked frames in know spots? Issues with warranty or customer service?

I am more curious about well known issues and problems rather just individual bad luck or an unfortunate case.

Marcell
Hi, No.
Only issue I have seen is on alloy rear triangles but we're talking very small numbers.

Ruebi

Jul 17, 2023
Heidelberg

Marcell

- Paint quality was quite bad at the beginning but there has been no complaint in recent times.
- I've seen a cracked seat stay on the internet but besides that I haven't seen any issues frame related.
- Headset routing is sh't but I don't have any creaking yet. The headset bearings are ok as long as you don't rinse the headset in water.
- I once lost a cover srew of a shock mount so you should check all bolts and screws and secure it with locktite.
- The engine cover is made from sugar. I destroyed 3 covers in 10 months. You should buy an additional skidplate/protector from emtb protect, Andreani or AVS.
- The OC dropper is not the best and I had to service it 2 times in 12 months. However it's easy and cheap to service.
- Many people complain about Orbea's customer service but I think it depends from country to country and from shop to shop. My experience was quite good. Just register your frame, register your rims, register your shock and fork.

I would always recommend this bike to anyone who wants to ride hard.

Last edited:

fabio77

Sep 17, 2020
Milano (Italy)

Marcell
The lower part of the downtube (when the frame meets the engine cover) is easily breakable in my opinion. Unfortunately my frame has been cracked just hitting against a loose rock. It was my fault but it never happened with other bike. I think a bigger after market engine cover (which protects the lower part of the frame as well) could solve.

Ruebi

Jul 17, 2023
Heidelberg
The lower part of the downtube (when the frame meets the engine cover) is easily breakable in my opinion. Unfortunately my frame has been cracked just hitting against a loose rock. It was my fault but it never happened with other bike. I think a bigger after market engine cover (which protects the lower part of the frame as well) could solve.

How did Orbea respond and how much was the crash replacement?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles