All New 2023 Orbea Wild

sundevils96734

Jul 16, 2024
Payson, AZ
I have searched, but couldn’t find max insertion depth for the Wild seatpost. Anyone have any info? I am looking at running a One Up V3 in 210 mm.
The One Up V3 in 210mm should fit with plenty of room to spare on any size frame.

2023-24 Orbea Wild - Max Seat Post Insertion Depth based on Frame Size

S - 310mm

M - 310mm

L - 320mm (hydro)

L - 327mm (carbon)

XL - 350mm

These specs can be found on page 31 of the 2023-2024 Orbea Wild Technical Manual

Last edited:

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
What size frame, I have a Large and it fits slammed
How do you like the One Up dropper? Reliable? I am currently running a Bike Yoke on my other bike and love it, but they go from 185 to 213, so it is a no go for me. The Bike Yoke has been on my other bike for 2,300 miles and I’ve never had to even service it, add oil or anything. I am also considering the Wolf Tooth.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
How do you like the One Up dropper? Reliable? I am currently running a Bike Yoke on my other bike and love it, but they go from 185 to 213, so it is a no go for me. The Bike Yoke has been on my other bike for 2,300 miles and I’ve never had to even service it, add oil or anything. I am also considering the Wolf Tooth.
Only used it once so far lol

JDunn

Aug 13, 2024
Keilor East
Reading all this with interest. Looking to get a longer travel dropper on mine soon.
Only had a handful of rides on it but I've thrown it down some seriously rough terrain as a baptism of fire and it's absolutely loved it. So impressed with it.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Looking for carbon wheel suggestions. WeAreOne, DT Swiss, Nobl or any other suggestion welcome. I am going to use th stock DT Swiss 350 hubs, so looking for rim only options. Thanks in advance.

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
Looking for carbon wheel suggestions. WeAreOne, DT Swiss, Nobl or any other suggestion welcome. I am going to use th stock DT Swiss 350 hubs, so looking for rim only options. Thanks in advance.
I’m loving my we are one’s, 2 years and no issues with the hoops. Had an i9 hub driver strip on me, but was promptly replaced under warranty 🤙

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
My new Wild M11 AXS is here and ready to ride with a few mods. One Up handlebars, One Up V3 210 mm dropper, SDG dropper post lever, 5Dev cranks 155 mm, Deity Bladerunner pedals, Specialized Power Expert saddle and full Ride Wrap. Next week new Nobl TR 38 wheels with Sapim Race spokes will be going on and I will be adding the low speed compression adjustment to the Fox Float X. I think that’ll be it for now. Gonna see how I like the brakes, but those may get swapped as well.

2E714707-E772-46EF-A30C-0152EBC34D0C.jpeg 2E782D31-9739-4E23-8DE5-FE7C99E82C79.jpeg 61621BD0-870B-4A86-BC0A-DC4CB7FE1EAB.jpeg 86691327-15D4-42DB-A146-4C7EB4BEF885.jpeg 120C7A5B-360F-40D0-B711-9D9B3367EDC6.jpeg 41D0779E-BA58-4832-BE41-42557DE6F7AD.jpeg

ZXR_Power

Jul 3, 2023
Germany
and I will be adding the low speed compression adjustment to the Fox Float X
I did this on my brandnew M10. But I have to say that the adjuster does not affect the compression rate. Same with my Rise H10.
I‘m sure these dampers have got a special Orbea tune or a special base valve. This prevents the adjuster to work.

JDunn

Aug 13, 2024
Keilor East
My new Wild M11 AXS is here and ready to ride with a few mods. One Up handlebars, One Up V3 210 mm dropper, SDG dropper post lever, 5Dev cranks 155 mm, Deity Bladerunner pedals, Specialized Power Expert saddle and full Ride Wrap. Next week new Nobl TR 38 wheels with Sapim Race spokes will be going on and I will be adding the low speed compression adjustment to the Fox Float X. I think that’ll be it for now. Gonna see how I like the brakes, but those may get swapped as well.

View attachment 145664 View attachment 145665 View attachment 145666 View attachment 145667 View attachment 145668 View attachment 145669
Nice! That dropper is slammed, I need to do the same. Congrats, such a good bike

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
For those that have swapped out the original stem and spacers using the Orbea Headset Adaptor Universal Adaptor, what did you do to prevent the fork from hitting the frame with no more spin block protection? How does this affect the cables if the handlebar turns past 90 degree, does it pull the cables to a point of potential damage?

DrDexx

Mar 2, 2024
Longridge
For those that have swapped out the original stem and spacers using the Orbea Headset Adaptor Universal Adaptor, what did you do to prevent the fork from hitting the frame with no more spin block protection? How does this affect the cables if the handlebar turns past 90 degree, does it pull the cables to a point of potential damage?
I ride an XL so cant help on the first question as the fork misses the downtube on a XL.

For the cables, I just made sure they weren't super tight and had a little excess in the Headtube/Downtube incase of the bars turning, I've had a few crashes were the bars have spun round and not had a problem with cables being pulled out.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I ride an XL so cant help on the first question as the fork misses the downtube on a XL.

For the cables, I just made sure they weren't super tight and had a little excess in the Headtube/Downtube incase of the bars turning, I've had a few crashes were the bars have spun round and not had a problem with cables being pulled out.
Thanks for the reply

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
With the speed sensor mounted to the stem on the back wheel, what are my options for carrying a tube in my pack for flat tires? I’ve always carried a Tubolito in my pack as a backup, but that won’t work to hold the speed sensor in place.

sundevils96734

Jul 16, 2024
Payson, AZ
With the speed sensor mounted to the stem on the back wheel, what are my options for carrying a tube in my pack for flat tires? I’ve always carried a Tubolito in my pack as a backup, but that won’t work to hold the speed sensor in place.
The Topeak Presta Valve Extender is compatible with Tubolito inner tubes. Not sure if really necessary though since the Tubolito inner tubes have 42mm stems which should be long enough as is.

Last edited:

Adyzakydany

Aug 24, 2024
London
Thought we’d seen the last of the frame issues with this new gen, but the following are happening on Alu Wild new gen frames.

Alignment issue with rear triangle, causing shock to wear on one side - requires frame replacement.

Rear Chainstay and triangle cracking/Failing.

This is happened on the new gen, 3 people on the “we are Orbea wild” FB have reported this failure with pictures.

Really wanted to get one of these, but not in Carbon. Looks like Carbon is the way to go if you really want a wild, stay away from the Alu ones, Orbea have a manufacturing issue with their Alu frames and have learnt sweet FA from the last gen.

We pay upwards of £6k for these bikes and we deserve a lot better ffs and shouldn’t accept this as a norm.

sundevils96734

Jul 16, 2024
Payson, AZ

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
As this Gen if Wild came out at the end of 2022, should we expect a new Gen end of this year?
Bosch gen 5 is expected in October with more range for 600g less weight. I would expect Orbea to update the Wild as soon as possible because other brands will start to approach the wild weights more easily with the next gen system.

Abildgaard

Nov 8, 2023
Denmark
Has any1 ordered the "Carbon Raw" yet? I'm curious about how it looks in real pictures.
My frame is getting replaced with this one but have not yet seen it in real life :)

1725041674737.png

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I've been running WeAreOne wheels for the past four years, love them. Full disclosure, I work at a shop and have a buddy working at WeAreOne. But they are awesome to deal with, and have a no BS warranty.

Not to bag on Nobl, but it you crack the same rim multiple times it'll get to the point that they won't warranty the rim anymore. With WeAreOne, you could crack the same rim 6 times and they'll replace it 6 times. I've seen it first hand with one of the kids we deal with that rides 26" Coups on his dirt jumper. And before anyone says why does he keep breaking them. He's pro and would literally destroy any rim at some point.

But at least he knows that WeAreOne stands behind the warranty on them.

Personally I prefer DT Swiss hubs, they seem to be more reliable than I9 hubs from what I've seen over the years with myself and customers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles