22 Gen 3 Levo - The cleaned posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
The S-works and pro both are shimmed to 30.9 from 34.9 . The expert comes with a standard 34.9 dropper. Post #2 for more info.
Nothing obvious. Why do you ask?

View attachment 57055

I do have a order on a expert, comes with 34,6mm dropper, and I want a axs, so I just wondered if the sworks/pro was same size in frame, but with a shim. You can see the shim if you take the axs dropper out.

Austin Thomas

Mar 17, 2021
UK
I do have a order on a expert, comes with 34,6mm dropper, and I want a axs, so I just wondered if the sworks/pro was same size in frame, but with a shim. You can see the shim if you take the axs dropper out.
Understood. I haven‘t taken the dropper out yet. Invisiframe going on this week, so will be stripped down then to make life easier.

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Fair Play..... looks a helluva bike. Solid review as well Rob.

The TCU, especially that microtune, look like valid, great upgrades. Having IP rated TCU and Battery connecter can't hurt either!

Will be interested to see how the Expert & Comp models look.

As with everyone else....... "that pricing tho..."
How different is the 2.2 motor from the "upgraded" 2.1? It has a very similar form, and looks like it might be retro-fittable to 2019-2021 models.
Based on the video I just watched I am HAPPY to report the 2.2 moter is THE SAME as the updated 2021 motors that feature the thicker belt. They changed its name to a new name "2.2" for tracking and inventory and repair purposes. Prior to this change the only way to tell if your bike had the newer updated motor with new belt was by the serial #. I have the 2021 turbo levo expert and my motor is smooth as butter and whisper quiet. I LOVE my motor and fully understand why they did NOT try and improve on it. Its the best part of my bike!

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Overall very impressive package here - this coming from a SC Bullit owner. Specialized seems to have a slight edge with the motor, battery, and electronics compared to EP8. But for me the biggest downside of this Levo is the 150/160 suspension. This doesn't make it as suitable for bike parks as the Bullit with 170/170. For me double duty as a downhill bike is a must. Also, the motor bulge in this bike is absolute huge compared to Bullit and EP8 which is very slim and also works in light eMTB category bikes.
IMO The motor on my 2021 Levo which they now are calling the 2.2 is quieter smoother and as strong or stronger than the noisy shimano 8000. I rode along side of one and mine was superior and made me happy that I had it over the shimano IMO

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Based on the video I just watched I am HAPPY to report the 2.2 moter is THE SAME as the updated 2021 motors that feature the thicker belt. They changed its name to a new name "2.2" for tracking and inventory and repair purposes. Prior to this change the only way to tell if your bike had the newer updated motor with new belt was by the serial #. I have the 2021 turbo levo expert and my motor is smooth as butter and whisper quiet. I LOVE my motor and fully understand why they did NOT try and improve on it. Its the best part of my bike!

I think your right , just watched a review that Sam’s did on the gen 3 (Sam’s bikes ) and he said that the 2.2 motor is compatible and any warranty claims for failed motor now get this 2.2 motor fitted

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
And in Good news today .. they've finally moved the 220,000 tonne beaver dam from the Suez Canal, so the delivery of e-bikes to European shores can continue !

Screenshot 2021-03-29 10.34.43.png

Well, I say continue, they have to jiggle it a bit more at high tide like a fallen e-biker in a muddy puddle.

Then it will move to a waiting area further up. So if your Summer garden furniture or ebikes are on the Ever Given, you still might have a bit of a wait whilst they check the hull.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Motor is sweet.
It's ok .. I didn't want one anyway ...

It just keeps sliding further down my list ..

Looks good : -1
High Spec : -1
Low weight : -1
Adjustable : -1
Handles well : -1
More motor upgrades : -1
Possibly more power !! : -2
Free wrap set if you're quick : -1

I definitely think it's safe to say that as this is an electric mountain bike forum, I'd rather spend my money on 100 Casio G-Shock watches.

Moderator note : For those of you confused by this (reporting...) .. He's being sarcastic after some users said they'd rather buy a rolex instead of a Levo. Most of those posts were moved to the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ooops sorry. Am I being watchist ? What's wrong with Casio ? You know you can pay $70,000 for a Casio.

casio.jpg

OK, I'd rather have 5 or 6 Levo's depending on the model, but I'm not going to say that on the watch forum am I ! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's nothing worse than getting bored and buying things on amazon.

The reviews are funny anyway :)

Screenshot 2021-03-30 19.01.42.png

I love this bit :

Screenshot 2021-03-30 19.14.14.png

Which one did they start with .. Uhm .. 33 bucks , I might look like a cheapskate, wonder if I should jump up a bit to 200k ? Or was it the other way round .. I really fancy the Patel Philippe Nautilus, but what's the OLMECA really like ?

Last edited:

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
Anyone notice Spec changed sizing and moved everything up one? I have an S5 which originally showed reach at 502, now shows 477 which the S4 showed previously :oops::oops: Somebody is going to be super pissed!

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
They started the newer S sizing when they released the new Stumpy last year. My old S sizing was a S2 but with the new S sizing, now it’s a S3.

I got that, they just moved the S's over a spot and it changed what was previously posted. Looks like it's fixed now and back to what I thought I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles