Levo Gen 3 My Levo is constantly breaking down is this normal ?

motmcd

Mar 5, 2019
reading,pa
I have two Levos...2019 Sport and 2023 Expert. Other than breaking a rear spoke each season on the Sport, I have no issues, breakdowns, or complaints. The Sport is all original equipment except for the brake pads and tires. I'm heading into 2nd season with the Expert spinning all original parts. The only anticipated service on the Expert is new tires.

Cheers to all,
tmcd

Tetley

Sep 9, 2020
Bucks UK
I've a 2020 Levo Turbo, it's now on 4,500 miles and nearly out of motor warranty. The original battery cable was replaced as it failed just after I washed it for the second time, but the new design is still fine. Occasionally the bike has cut out after long descents due to brake pad filings stuck to the magnet, but now I know, I can keep an eye out for filings build up.
Maintenance wise, I've replaced the transmission, and all the bearings once, and a very good reason it's lasted so long, is I rarely wash it. It goes in the workshop plastered in shit, and just before the next ride I poke the loose mud off with a screwdriver, and maybe brush some off, GT85 all over the transmission, wipe the forks and shock and ride it.
The way these bikes are designed, even gentle washing pours water inside the frame and all over the motor, and any water anywhere near the crank, goes straight in sits there and rusts = new motor.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I've a 2020 Levo Turbo, it's now on 4,500 miles and nearly out of motor warranty. The original battery cable was replaced as it failed just after I washed it for the second time, but the new design is still fine. Occasionally the bike has cut out after long descents due to brake pad filings stuck to the magnet, but now I know, I can keep an eye out for filings build up.
Maintenance wise, I've replaced the transmission, and all the bearings once, and a very good reason it's lasted so long, is I rarely wash it. It goes in the workshop plastered in shit, and just before the next ride I poke the loose mud off with a screwdriver, and maybe brush some off, GT85 all over the transmission, wipe the forks and shock and ride it.
The way these bikes are designed, even gentle washing pours water inside the frame and all over the motor, and any water anywhere near the crank, goes straight in sits there and rusts = new motor.
...agree.....the only water my bike gets is a damp cloth....except for the wheels which I clean separate from the bike and use a bike cleaner plus a hose ( my bike is kept in the house so tyres need to be clean!)

motmcd

Mar 5, 2019
reading,pa
...agree.....the only water my bike gets is a damp cloth....except for the wheels which I clean separate from the bike and use a bike cleaner plus a hose ( my bike is kept in the house so tyres need to be clean!)
I gotta say I regularly hose my bike down in a self-serve car wash on my way home off the trails. I use low pressure on the delicate parts and full blast on everything else. I’m heading into my 5th season with all OEM equipment — brake pads and tires aside. These machines are like cars. Baby them and they break. Work them and they perform reliably. This is, of course, one man’s experience.

Cheers to all,
Tom

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles