M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

Radolf

May 9, 2024
Poland
Real life capacity at discharge to 3,0V (@1,5A=ECO mode) - 43V*3*5,3Ah = 680Wh

And this is the correct approach to the battery capacity! and to be honest, at the moment I am planning exactly the same 12s3p configuration using exactly these LG cells.

I'm waiting for the frame and I have no way to check, please tell me:
1. the battery cells must be slightly offset from each other to fit into the frame? is the maximum external size of the battery max 65x55mm? (can You send the finished design/drawing of cell arrangement?)
2. Did You weld with 0.2 mm pure nickel plates? or others?
3. How did You attach the package to the frame?
4. Which BMS company did You use? - I'm considering BeMuchSafer or JBD and I think I'd like something with Bluetooth.

If You can, please send more photos (or all) of your battery pack implementation.

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
lce930 battery.png

2. I have soldered 0,2 nikel strips at the + side (easy to solder), the negative side is spot welded.
3. Look carefully at the end of the base of the battery, there is aluminium plate with threaded M5 rivet. Base of the battery (also the top) is made with 1,5mm laminate (no copper). In the bottom section there is 4mm plywood strip sandwich'ed in between two layers of laminate. That kind of composite forms light and very stiff platform for the rest of the battery.
Gap in between the cells is 0,5mm. All cells glued on the CNC'ed template with strong fast bonding adhesive.
4. BMS
bms.jpeg
BMS is JBD, very nice with a lot of features, load detections, safety options, auto balancing cells when charging or static approach, all setted up in the app. BT connectivity is a bit finicky, but IMHO BMS is very nice.
Only extra thing I have done is, I placed ideal diode in series with + charging cable, so when the bike is not charged there is no risk of shorting the pins at the charging port.

Radolf

May 9, 2024
Poland
I have soldered 0,2 nikel strips at the + side (easy to solder), the negative side is spot welded.

Thank You very much for the photos, they make it a lot easier because why have to force open the door :)

Great job! why did You solder the positive pole and not weld it? if this is a more reasonable solution, maybe I will also go this route - I have some Chinese one, but it is sufficient for my needs and I will probably be able to handle it - what kind of soldering acid did you use?

Borys - are You from Poland? :-D

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
I soldered positive side because it has lower thermal capacity and it is easy to solder, not much heat is been transferred to the cell itself, which is harder to do at the negative side of the cell.

Yes I am from PL.

Regards

PaulH

Apr 23, 2024
Dallas, Texas USA
Ha

D

I had a similar problem with the CEF50, I got some TI bolts from AliExpress and they've been awesome.
Could you post any links for the CEF50 bolts you were to find on Ali please?
I soldered positive side because it has lower thermal capacity and it is easy to solder, not much heat is been transferred to the cell itself, which is harder to do at the negative side of the cell.

Yes I am from PL.

Regards
Or, solder power lead onto the tab before spot welding to the cell :)

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
I have been riding my LCE930 for a few weeks now with great pleasure. However, I find the frame has a lot more pedal bob than the LCES0004 I had before with the same Fox DPX2 EVOL Performance damper. Anyone else notice this too?
Can’t say notice more peddle bob than my other ebike , I run a Dvo coil shock.

Radolf

May 9, 2024
Poland
BMS is JBD
Which version exactly?:
- 20Ampere | peak 60A | automatic detection 7-14S?
- 30Ampere | peak 90A | automatic detection 7-14S?
or something else?

=====

I'm looking for a portable charger up to approx. 60A with adjustable voltage and current, it may be from China, can you recommend something? Initially, I was thinking about the Wanpek APS605H 60V5A regulated power supply, but it is not suitable for trips.

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
I have 30Amp version of BMS. As a charger I am using lab psu 60V 5A. On aliexpress you can buy 4Amp charger for 12S battery for about 25eur.

like-bike

Nov 14, 2023
Italia
Hi everyone, I'm asking for your help. I'm making an LCE930 and I have practically all the pieces but I'm missing some and I'm having trouble finding them. in the engine kit, there was no charging socket for the battery. secondly I can't find the SR SD071.02 brake rotor speed sensor.
I would be very grateful if you can help me.... thank you very much

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Hi everyone, I'm asking for your help. I'm making an LCE930 and I have practically all the pieces but I'm missing some and I'm having trouble finding them. in the engine kit, there was no charging socket for the battery. secondly I can't find the SR SD071.02 brake rotor speed sensor.
I would be very grateful if you can help me.... thank you very much
Is it a bafang battery ?

Radolf

May 9, 2024
Poland
secondly I can't find the SR SD071.02 brake rotor speed sensor.
If I'm not mistaken, this is the set:

As for the charging port - I'm looking for a good solution - but I will make the battery myself.
Maybe someone can tell me what is good and waterproof?

like-bike

Nov 14, 2023
Italia
If I'm not mistaken, this is the set:

As for the charging port - I'm looking for a good solution - but I will make the battery myself.
Maybe someone can tell me what is good and waterproof?
no thanks, the sensor you put in is already there
I would need this:
1715961805116.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles