Can anyone recommend some pedals

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I'm currently running two sets of pedals, both get banged up pretty hard. Here's what I think of each.

Race Face Atlas
The grip is pretty good on these, somewhat middle of the road, which I like. If I wear grippy shoes, they stick like crazy. If I wear longer-lasting shoes, the grip is more comfortable to move around. It's easy to service and adjust these pedals, but the aluminum "nose cone" shaped piece is round and you can't tighten it with a tool. It doesn't fall apart, but it's not the brightest design. The pedals come with a few extra pins, and sets are easy to find online. Like any pins, these can break. But they're somewhat malleable, so they'll bend a bit when you bang 'em up.

HT Components ANS10
These pedals have great grip. If I'm wearing sticky shoes, the grip is almost excessive. I could shim some of the screws to decrease the grip, but it hasn't been that important to me. The guts of these are easy to disassemble, and it all goes together sensibly. The pins on these pedals are durable. If you hit them hard enough, rather than deforming, they just shear right off. That's fine, but the pedals don't come with spare pins. I've never even seen a pit kit from HT that has the two styles of screws needed for these pedals. That's just stupid.

I think the HT pedals are a little nicer, because of the lack of parts availability, you might want to shy away from them. I was able to find screws from an industrial supplier, so I'm set for screws. Get it? SET... SCREWS... For anyone within driving distance, if you have broken screws on your HT ANS10's, I bought hundreds.

Last edited:

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
DMR Vaults but maybe the new ones are weak?
Mine have lasted since 2012 and not had a rebuild, just a couple of regreases. Many thousands of kms.

chalks

Mar 2, 2022
UK
I normally use DMR Vaults but have just bought a pair of Gusset Slim Jim nylon pedals which have impressed me so far. Good grip and came at a good price.

Fordo 197

Apr 2, 2022
Uk
+1 for vaults. Super grippy and the only pedal I have ever owned that my foot automatically finds its way to the perfect place on the platform.

Caveat- I ride clips 90% of the time (saints) 💅

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles