Flat Pedals Recommendations For Riders With Larger Feet!

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I have size 12 UK and also felt that on Vaults and Unites my feet wanted to roll off the edges at times. Never actually happened but felt like it and lost a foot in the tech occasionally although possibly not related to pedal size. Just got a pair of Chromag Daggas, only one ride so far but my whole foot feels properly supported for the first time. They are wider than the Pedalling Innovations and I prefer width to length, so to speak. Ahem.

They are superbly made, first pedal strike on rock will be upsetting

Apr 14, 2023
Oregon
I am US 11.5 and use PNW Range pedals which are composite. They do make an alloy version called the Roam which are well priced. I've tried several different flat pedals and these have been my favorites (for the record Crank Bros Stamp 1's were my absolute least favorite). They are thin but large so pedal strikes are minimal.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Changed from DMR Vault to Deity TMAC. Quite long and concave giving stacks of grip, can't fault them. Seem to get less pedal strikes than with the DMRs but that could be my imagination.
Just gave some Bergtec Penthouse MK5 pedals (limited edition colour, naturally ;) ) to my wife for her birthday. Rode her bike (Trek Rail) after putting them on and have to say I was very impressed. Not as much grip as my stupidly grippy Deity Tmac's but pretty near, and beautifully made and well designed to minimise pedal strikes. I have UK size 10.5/US size 11.5 feet.

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
1682012115934.png

One up flat pedals is one of the biggest in my opinion

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
one of the best, my friend had hope ( first version ) on 4 his bikes. 8 years and ho dont need any service. that´s crazy industrial quallity from england

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I saw thar RF recently released new Atlas AM22 pedals which they claim are now larger at 118 x 120. Looks like another contender in the large pedal market.

Could you all indicate the size (W x L) of the large pedals you recommend to get a better idea?

View attachment 112176

At 118 x 120 they make my Deity Tmac's 105 x 110 (W x L) look small! :LOL:

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles