2024 Santa Cruz Heckler SL

GravityDT

Aug 19, 2023
USA
Which problems

Was more a compatibility issue between the updated EP801 motor and the Darfon battery that was a carryover from the year’s prior EP800. Once the battery was updated the issues on the ‘23/‘24 Hecklers. Was a Darfon design vs a SC software issue…..

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Was more a compatibility issue between the updated EP801 motor and the Darfon battery that was a carryover from the year’s prior EP800. Once the battery was updated the issues on the ‘23/‘24 Hecklers. Was a Darfon design vs a SC software issue…..

I get what you say, but I don't think SC has any software of their own. It's just standard EP801 firmware and standard firmware on the battery side (which probably cannot be updated since they had to change the batteries to new ones).

Marshall Willanholly

Subscriber
Oct 24, 2022
Oregon
If you follow them on instagram you might get a sneak peak from todays factory walk video!

IMG_5445.jpg
IMG_5453.jpg IMG_5448.jpg IMG_5447.jpg IMG_5446.jpg

SenditOTB

Oct 12, 2020
Germany
So from what Im seeing: new sram eagle, around 150/160mm and by the looks of the bottom bracket and the parts to be assemblef non removable battery with fazua ride 60?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
So from what Im seeing: new sram eagle, around 150/160mm and by the looks of the bottom bracket and the parts to be assemblef non removable battery with fazua ride 60?
It’s a light weight heckler with the Fazua ride 60 motor/ 430 battery that’s not removable. 160 front 150 rear travel same as the full fat heckler.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Sounds ideal so far.

I'm okay with my quick remove battery on my Relay, but I'd rather have fixed.
I’m trying to talk my local SC dealer into ordering one for a demo but it’s a tiny one man shop. He said he won’t stock any and will only order one if a customer wants one. I’m not complete sold on the reliability of the Fazua motor but so far this bike looks to be what I’ve been looking for to replace my amish bikes for good. I’ll have the full fat and a lightweight and call it good, no need for the 8 bikes I have now🤣😂

mfa81

Nov 12, 2021
Boise, ID
everything was awesome reading their emails until I see the mixed wheels! why not a full 29er??!?! I'm here already wanting a full 29er bullit and they come up with a light weight ebike that's also mixed wheels? NO!!!! make it a full 29er, nobody needs mixed wheels!

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
everything was awesome reading their emails until I see the mixed wheels! why not a full 29er??!?! I'm here already wanting a full 29er bullit and they come up with a light weight ebike that's also mixed wheels? NO!!!! make it a full 29er, nobody needs mixed wheels!
Thought the same for years. Until I tried it. Now my Gen 1 Levo SL is a Mullet…

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
It‘s here.
Prices of Levo SL are better in Germany: Expert vs C GX AXS. Disappointing…
Perfomance Elite is better than Select+ and Code silver better than bronze.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin

When you have the advantage of a motor but also the clumsiness of a heavier e-bike, the mullet offers a clear handling advantage with no loss of climbing performance. I've tried both back-to-back geo adjusted and the mullet is better by a clear margin. That's the reason that nearly all of the test riders in the All Mountain category, are selecting mullets.

That said, there are several full 29er options like the standard version of the Relay, the Shuttle SL, the Levo SL is convertible, etc. if that's your bag.

The new e-bike from SC looks great, it's probably a solid kilo lighter than a similar speced Relay using the same powertrain, so that's a big advantage too.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
It was wishful thinking but I really hoped they’d offer a frame only. I have enough spare parts to build a sweet bike so I’d only want the frame.

Silent Drone

Jan 23, 2022
Salt Lake City
This bike looks great. As a tall guy I’d prefer a full 29er but that’s not a deal breaker. Also, it’d be nice if it had an option to add a range extender since you can’t easily swap out batteries.

Right now I’m on the regular Heckler overforked with a Zeb 170. I’m really loving it still so I think I’ll be putting many miles on it yet. But it’s great to see the gap between regular bikes and e-bikes getting smaller.

mfa81

Nov 12, 2021
Boise, ID
Can run a coil on rear & 170mm fork upfront, got confirmation email from Santa Cruz U.K. warranty 👍🏼
yep, saw in one of the videos they said it was coil compatible! The only issue I have with 170mm is that it's gonna extend even more the already long toptube length! Can't understand why these bikes are getting so long... they increased not only the reach but also the toptube quite a bit

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Anyone know why there is only rockshox suspension? Is a fox setup in the works? Im a little surprised
I’ve noticed a lot of new bikes have rockshox only suspension. My favourite brand has been Fox only for years, they’re offering RS on the 24 models now. They’ve also ditched shimano, it’s all SRAM drivetrain/brakes now.

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
yep, saw in one of the videos they said it was coil compatible! The only issue I have with 170mm is that it's gonna extend even more the already long toptube length! Can't understand why these bikes are getting so long... they increased not only the reach but also the toptube quite a bit
10 mm longer fork slackens hta by about 0.5° and shortens reach. Stem is coming closer to you. Think about it 😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles