2024 Santa Cruz Heckler SL

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
which s

which spec? any idea how long before it arrives???

Going with either the S build or the GX AXS. Problem is I'd want 38's rather than 36's so there's no point buying top of the range.

I've carbon wheels already to go on it and tbh AXS dropper & mech. So I'm probably better off getting the S build and buying a new fork.

As for cost - no real idea at the moment. Looking at April delivery - but I'm in no rush.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
Going with either the S build or the GX AXS. Problem is I'd want 38's rather than 36's so there's no point buying top of the range.

I've carbon wheels already to go on it and tbh AXS dropper & mech. So I'm probably better off getting the S build and buying a new fork.

As for cost - no real idea at the moment. Looking at April delivery - but I'm in no rush.
i'm having the same dilemma,s spec with factory 38's might be the answer and will be cheaper than gx axs.

Paolo Tonlorenzi

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
Cool to have an updated Heckler with better geo and bigger battery, but I feel there would still be room for Santa Cruz to create a light ebike with slim down tube built around the narrow Darfon 360Wh (E2C08) battery (since they went for Darfon on the new Heckler).
I’m also interested if a Santa Cruz light bike is coming. someone can help me

mfa81

Nov 12, 2021
Boise, ID
then it doesn't really make any difference which motor they use, there is going to be problems with the software they make :)

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Most of the Pivot Fazua problems are related specifically Pivot software.
The ones that he bought back or swapped customers out of were motor failures. Everything from excessively loud motors, motors making grinding noises and others randomly overheating and shutting off when they shouldn’t have. Fazua had no replacement motors, don’t know if their availability has gotten any better now though as I haven’t asked him.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
The record isn't great on many of the e- bike motors & the Fazua is probably below average in that ranking.

I choose a Fazua equipped bike specifically because what the specs and reviews said about it, suggested to me that the Fazua has the best combo of natural power delivery, noise, weight, battery watts, high power when needed, better than average efficiency, etc.

Really I'm not too worried. It's just an electric motor, it has a warranty and will probably continue to improve as warranty replacements are made. Also I got my motor reasonably quickly.

Harold

Oct 30, 2020
Brussels
The new light emtb is teased in their Skitch promo video. :)
1692862682010.png

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
View attachment 123180
yeah,i spotted that too.
my guess is an electric 5010 as there's already an e bronson(heckler)and e nomad(bullet)
the choice of motor is interesting,if its not shimano then half the s/c line up of ebikes will not be running shimano and may point to a change in long term motor strategy.

personally i'd like to see the next heckler and bullet run the gearbox.

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
View attachment 123180
Getting a bit nervous 😃

yeah,i spotted that too.
my guess is an electric 5010 as there's already an e bronson(heckler)and e nomad(bullet)
the choice of motor is interesting,if its not shimano then half the s/c line up of ebikes will not be running shimano and may point to a change in long term motor strategy.

personally i'd like to see the next heckler and bullet run the gearbox.
I don’t expect it to be the e5010 SL. The fork loos like a 36. And Sepcialized has a Levo and a Levo SL. I expect a kind of Heckler SL.

Scout762

Nov 17, 2022
Utah
They’ve brought back two other names for their e-bikes so I think Superlight would be a great choice!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles