why is there no Santa Cruz section to this forum?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I don’t know but a lot of people that work at Santa Cruz lost their homes, I feel for them.
The Heckler is coasting on its name recognition, because that bike weighs 53lbs and costs over $10000. I’d rather have a Decoy or a Tazer if I am going with a Shimano bike

damo

Patreon
Dec 9, 2018
Norfolk
Same here. I demo'd one a couple of times. Fantastic bike. Handling for me is sublime. I much preferred it to the Decoy I tried.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I rode a Heckler and thought it was great.
All of my Filipino friends have them, It’s not a political or racial statement, just an observation.

@JetSedgwick I expected more from Santa Cruz if I am being honest. They had all the the time in the world to come up something truly groundbreaking since they were late to the party. It reminds me of a first gen Carbon Levo. It looks dated and it’s brand new. I will stand by my statement that the E8000 is mediocre motor. 53lbs and it’s carbon?

what is even more mind boggling to me is that Focus and Santa Cruz are owned by the same parent company, couldn’t they have pooled their resources together? The Focus bikes bury the Heckler.

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
I don’t know but a lot of people that work at Santa Cruz lost their homes, I feel for them.
The Heckler is coasting on its name recognition, because that bike weighs 53lbs and costs over $10000. I’d rather have a Decoy or a Tazer if I am going with a Shimano bike
They do not weight 53 pounds.. Put yours on a scale and report back!!

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
43.5 pounds with 2.8 tires, night rider head light, fat butt seat and cane creek thud buster.....

IMG_3842.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
They do not weight 53 pounds.. Put yours on a scale and report back!!
The one I weighed came in at 53lbs. I’ll try and get my friend to bring it back in so I can weigh it again. I’ll take a photo showing the whole bike.

RSVB4

Apr 27, 2020
Ca
Any rumors or news of a 29er SC ebike? Gotta get that XXL and was hopping they would release one this year.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Next SC ebike will be either a Heckler Mullet, or an e5010. Reports are that pictures have been seen of the mullet at the Verbier ebike show a few weekends ago. I suspect SC are waiting for the new EP8, but I have heard that it has been recalled (?) so maybe some more delays.....

damo

Patreon
Dec 9, 2018
Norfolk
Vital MTB tested and weighted a size Large. 47.5 lbs on the youtube vid although it says 47.3 in the written piece.

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 22.05.57.png

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Because, all the owners would post pics and then I’d get E-nvious and spend more money and end up divorced.
#wedontwantanSCgroup

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
On the Shimano display If you have 5 bars showing on the meter do you have 100% battery left or 81% left? If you have 4 bars showing on the meter do you have 80% battery left or 61% left?

If you connect the steps app, you can see the percentage value I think. or its done via a Garmin connection or something..? there is a way.....

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
On the Shimano display If you have 5 bars showing on the meter do you have 100% battery left or 81% left? If you have 4 bars showing on the meter do you have 80% battery left or 61% left?
The best thing about the shimano display is the option to get rid of it completely with the EW-100 junction box.
Ie. No longer care about battery level or any other pointless stats.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
My view on the Heckler is on paper its not very interesting, doesn't bring anything new to the party, and the only reason to buy it is if your an SC fan.

However I know a few people who have ridden it, who are not SC fan boys, and have said its a super fun bike to ride and really surprised them as they had pretty low expectations.

I still think that its got nothing to justify forking out for over other similar but much better value bikes other than the fact its a Santa Cruz, but also think its probably a great bike, a lot of fun, and worth looking at if you have the cash

damo

Patreon
Dec 9, 2018
Norfolk
I think you're right that on paper it looks pretty middle-of-the-road and I wasn't expecting to like it having looked at the geo. I assumed I'd want it to be a degree slacker at the very least. Then I rode one for a couple of days and I was gob-smacked. The handling is amazing. We're all different but for me it has just the right balance of play & plough. It rides light and turns like a regular bike in twisties yet it feels stable over rough stuff and doesn't make you feel like you're over-biked even on mellow trails and climbs. It feels amazing to jump and gave me so much confidence to hit stuff I don't have the bottle for on my regular bike. I wasn't an SC fan-boy before but I am now. The motor may be less sophisticated than some but it's plenty powerful enough for me. I rode with two friends on their Levo's for a few hours and had no problem keeping up and came away feeling that the rest of the bike more than made up for any minor motor shortcomings.

The lure of the new motor/new model is strong but I'm sold. I'm getting one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles