What I want to buy for my eMTB

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Some new tools ...

@steve_sordy I can't find the original thread where we said about fixing ratchets .. but as some Muppet just managed to do some double destruction (extreme abuse of equipment) and broke their's I thought I'd take it apart and take a picture for you !

This is the bit where normally one or both pawl's ?!? just end up moving/dropping out of position. You just put them back in again and viola - it works. Takes 2 minutes.

View attachment 57657
Much motivated by your helpful post I had a go at fixing mine. It took me a while to find a T7 torx key, but eventually found one at the bottom of the toolbox. I got the cover off and it looked exactly like the picture above! Brilliant!!!!

Then both springs pinged out, bounced off my forehead and I never saw them again!

I have spent half an hour on hands and knees with a very bright torch, nothing! When I find that big magnet I have somewhere, I'll have another look. But a spring can keep on bouncing and be absolutely anywhere, and not necessarily on the floor!
Bugger!! :mad:

Ah well it didn't work before and it doesn't work now either. So why do I feel as though I have lost something? It's your fault Zimmer, getting my hopes up like that! :cry:

Last edited:

Ricky_1973

Mar 28, 2021
Netherlands
Hoping to find a nyon 2021 somewhere - I currently ride with a garmin montana 610 for navigation fitted on the stem, it's awesome but the powerbutton on the casing has broken off so it has been ducktapelike solutions ever since, maps are somewhat out of date eand buying a new one is about 500 euro's. Was considering buying a rugged mobile phone (150 euro or so) for navigation and the bluetooth earbuds I normally wear on my routes. I hope that the new nyon can handle both the navigation and managing the motor etc.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Some way of making my Bosch motor quieter. Other than the noise, it’s absolutely flawless.

My STEPS 8000 motor whines noticeably when spinning the cranks.
l find that if you select a higher gear the noise is reduced.
I had an ebike with the Bosch motor back in 2016, l am sure it was quieter.

Ricky_1973

Mar 28, 2021
Netherlands
Hoping to find a nyon 2021 somewhere - I currently ride with a garmin montana 610 for navigation fitted on the stem, it's awesome but the powerbutton on the casing has broken off so it has been ducktapelike solutions ever since, maps are somewhat out of date eand buying a new one is about 500 euro's. Was considering buying a rugged mobile phone (150 euro or so) for navigation and the bluetooth earbuds I normally wear on my routes. I hope that the new nyon can handle both the navigation and managing the motor etc.
I actually did ? - What did you buy your ebike this week? - EMTB Forums

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I want “Sharks with a frigging Lazers on their heads”

IMG_9413.jpg

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I ended up preordering some fox36s, but now I really want a 29" DT Swiss HX 1501 spline 30 front wheel to match the 27.5 I have on the rear, but can't find one anywhere.
I've been told DT are having issues with raw material supply and not to expect any new stock until possibly next year :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles