Weight limits

Josh ebike devon

Apr 20, 2020
Devon, United Kingdom
How much over the 120kg limit were you? Is it a hardtail you're referring to or a fs? I myself am looking into a fs haibike with 120kg limit, which I am also over. Any of the other brands that have fs emtb with 150kg limit are way over my budget.
In total I was roughly 30kg over the max the only problem I’ve had is the wheels were not up to the job so I’ve had to upgrade them hope that helps.

PanosSam

Jun 20, 2020
stockholm
In total I was roughly 30kg over the max the only problem I’ve had is the wheels were not up to the job so I’ve had to upgrade them hope that helps.

Thank you for the information.

I myself weigh 135kg so add clothes/hydration pack etc I’d easily reach over 145kg. Considering the price tags of these bicycle types I really would not want to buy one, break it and then have to pay even more the repair (if possible)

PanosSam

Jun 20, 2020
stockholm
@CavMan Can you verify that the Giant Trance e+ 1 pro can take 156kg?

Do you know what the Scott spark eride 920 has for weight limit? I came across one selling for 5900 USD ready for pickup at the store and I would rather cough up the extra dough to get the bike now rather than wait for almost two weeks to get the Giant.

Thanks.

Falcon

May 12, 2020
Oxford
It's easily missed, trying to find the weight limit is impossible sometimes. BMC's manual refers to a page that doesn't exist in any of the manuals you get with the bike.

PanosSam

Jun 20, 2020
stockholm
It's easily missed, trying to find the weight limit is impossible sometimes. BMC's manual refers to a page that doesn't exist in any of the manuals you get with the bike.

? Go figure!

Do you have any idea about the Scott spark eride 920? I found the manual for the 2018 model on Scott's website but I can't find any info on the max weight.

Edit: Found on the general manual that for non-electric mtb the limit is 128kg incl. bike. But there's no mention of e-mtbs anywhere so not really sure what the limit is there.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles