• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Turbo levo 2023 not turning on

ReadyShreddy

Nov 17, 2023
UK
My levo has not been turning on when I press the on button on the bike. When I plugged in the charger I could see that the battery had plenty of charge. When I closed it back up it came on. I had no issues during the ride but after cleaning the bike it happened again.

ReadyShreddy

Nov 17, 2023
UK
I'm still having this issue with my levo, if I leave the bike for some time it won't turn on but after I open the hatch remove the plug and then put it back in it works.

Does anyone know if this is covered in the warranty?

Is it a loose connection or something short circuiting?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I don't know about the Levo specifically, but suspect it might be the battery that powers your on/off switch. When your bike is off, the big battery is completely isolated, turned off, removed from the system. Some kind of power is needed to "turn on" the big battery, so there's a small battery for the switch. Other manufacturers charge up the little battery when you're riding, and there's no reason I'd suspect anything different for Specialized. But just like any other battery, sometimes they go bad and need replacement. That's where I'd be looking. Since the bike is only a year old, this should be covered by Specialized.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Are you sure the power cable is fully inserted? Some of them need a good amount of pressure to fully seat. If you just let the magnets do their thing and hold it in place it doesn't always work. Mine current one definitely takes some force. My previous bike didn't care.

ReadyShreddy

Nov 17, 2023
UK
Are you sure the power cable is fully inserted? Some of them need a good amount of pressure to fully seat. If you just let the magnets do their thing and hold it in place it doesn't always work. Mine current one definitely takes some force. My previous bike didn't care.
Its definitely seated right as once I've got it on it will work fine but then when I come back to it a day or so later it won't turn on. Once I open the hatch and unplug then plug it back in it works. Not sure if this resets the bike or something.

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
Do you get a tiny flash of a single red light on the tcu and the green charge lights on the battery come on and corretly indicate the charge level And it seems to charge ok off the charger.
if so that. is the same as mine which got fixed by a new battery (to motorj cable - which is surprisingly expensive.

could try taking off left pedal , and cover to right off motor plug in (4 small Allen keys) and drying out the general area, reseating/cleaning power cable to motor (gently clean/blow out, , dry out all the connections) or if you can try/borrow a new cable to check that is the problem.

ReadyShreddy

Nov 17, 2023
UK
Do you get a tiny flash of a single red light on the tcu and the green charge lights on the battery come on and corretly indicate the charge level And it seems to charge ok off the charger.
if so that. is the same as mine which got fixed by a new battery (to motorj cable - which is surprisingly expensive.

could try taking off left pedal , and cover to right off motor plug in (4 small Allen keys) and drying out the general area, reseating/cleaning power cable to motor (gently clean, dry out all the connections) or if you can try/borrow a new cable.
Yes the battery level shows up ok and it charges fine. I don't fancy opening it up as it's under warranty, probably best I get them to look at it first. There definitely could be water in there as I've risen in some pretty bad conditions over the past few months

ReadyShreddy

Nov 17, 2023
UK
I've contacted tredz who have asked me to return it to specialized. There is a local shop that sells specialized bikes which have said its ok to take the bike there but it may take several weeks to fix.

I've upgraded the forks and rear shock since I brought it, should I swap them back before I take it over?

There is a main dealer just over an hour's drive away would it be worth taking it there instead? I thought it may be fixed quicker if I took it there? Any advice appreciated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles