Other Trek Slash-e Rumors

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Haven't we heard this for the past ten years?
True. I actually agree with both you, Irie & MrHaboobi too. All these things can be true simultaneously. We'll continue to see SL bikes around 45lbs and FF bikes around 55lbs, with reliability improving. All weights with XC tires of course. And newer lighter motors & batteries will be released, on lighter bikes, but from unknown brands with questionable durability & very limited dealer support. We'll probably get some other useless shit like wireless snackboxes too. I can't wait.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Well it definitely looks like a E-slash with the high pivot and same rear shock setup. I don't mind the TQ50 option as FF is nice but I ride 90% in Eco/Tour so the 50nm would suit me.

A 580wh battery will mean plenty of distance, wondering what Trek's electric plan looks like going forward for Fuel>Rail>Slash?

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I did a generic google search and found a FAQ from Trek.

One thing I found interesting is this;

"The battery cannot be upgraded, the stock battery is 580WH but can be downsized to the 360WH battery used on the EXE if you want to save some weight. Running the smaller battery does require the purchase of a special spacer that easily installs on the 360WH battery."

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
"Is it compatible with other wheel/tire sizes?

No, this bike is authorized only for use with the stock MX wheels. Swapping out the rear 27.5” wheel to a 29” wheel could change the classification of this e-bike, and make it ineligible for operation on trails."

If you want a long suspension 29er with warranty it could not be the bike for you ...

Kermit

Nov 24, 2021
SE UK
Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 14.34.50.png

Getting closer, link is now there on the UK Trek site (Not on the US one though??), just doesn't go anywhere...

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Looks like absolute slam-dunk hit. Would love to see this live, the BB area can't quite hide the packaging issue around the big battery, looks bit too full-fatty silhouette wise :- ). To me this is the perfect blend of SL and Full-Fat right now on market.
20.4KG for 9.7 Shimano build, and 20.8 for 9.7 with SRAM. The big shock adds about 200 grams, the rest is from SRAM system. With 11-speed older XTR/Garbaruk, could be <20kg right away. Impressive.

Quick comparison to KSL:
- Trek did full high-pivot. Specialized sacrificed what little mid-pivot Enduro had and positioned BB pivot back.
- Looks like no insertion depth issue for dropper, at least visually

Those are big things, this will be a monster. Lol at officially supported 190mm fork, they want it to be!

Last edited:

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Excellent (as usual) review on NSMB:
NSMB.com - The new Trek Slash+

This review had me thinking. If I can get 3k'- often 3.5k'- out of my Fuel EXe that's been beefed up to 46lbs, how is the TQ with a 580wh battery "not enough" for this bike? Just quick math, that would get me 4800-5600' of climbing in trail mode. I also read that the larger battery helps to prevent power loss related to over-heating (I have experienced this only a few times). Also stoked it has a bash guard.

170mm reverb is a joke though, as are the tires.

Heated

May 18, 2024
new zealand
is this an attempt at creating a bike i could sell my park bike and full power Reign e+ for??
I only ever ride my Reign in the 3rd power mode anyway

Not sure if Logical to thrash this at a bike park haha

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal
Haven't we heard this for the past ten years?
In the last 6 years we have seen the evolution from a 500Wh and 3Kg battery to a 600Wh and 2.9Kg battery. Basically they kept the weight and increased the capacity by 100Wh. I believe that in the next 6 years they will be able to define 600Wh as the ideal battery for SL Bikes and reduce the weight to around 2kg.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
With batteries it's important (but hard to do) to account for casing/packaging. I don't believe the actual cells density alone increased more than 10perc.
Thought I agree that 600W would be ideal "lower" capacity for future.

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal
If we just replaced the TQ motor and battery with the DJI motor and 800Wh battery, the Slash+ 9.7 would weigh 22.1 kg. Wouldn't it be great for a fullpower, a trek Rail?
It probably wouldn't be that linear due to some necessary reinforcements that would lead to an increase in weight.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022

Heated

May 18, 2024
new zealand
im still debating if the slash+ makes sense at 12,999nzd retail, id never pay that and would look at a deal. The TQ motor is nearing the time of replacement so 13k is to much IMO

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
im still debating if the slash+ makes sense at 12,999nzd retail, id never pay that and would look at a deal. The TQ motor is nearing the time of replacement so 13k is to much IMO
Its way cheaper than I expected it to be. When the non electric 9.8 XT Slash is $11,999 its crazy to me you get the electric version for only $1k more. Yes carbon wheels and a couple of upgraded bits on the 9.8XT but still....

Heated

May 18, 2024
new zealand
Its way cheaper than I expected it to be. When the non electric 9.8 XT Slash is $11,999 its crazy to me you get the electric version for only $1k more. Yes carbon wheels and a couple of upgraded bits on the 9.8XT but still....

I dunno, the AXS t-type 9.8 with full carbon incl wheels is currently less than 10k.
Wheels dont hugely bother me as I have a 350/511/fr541 wheelset I swap on - they've been excellent despite the heft of hybrid hubs and alpine spokes.
I think it's not bad at 12,999 with a small discount bringing that down a little might make it worth it to replace my full fat & park bike seeing as its compatible with a 190mm fork.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles