Transition Relay chain skipping problem and solve(nt)

Bbmtb

Aug 15, 2024
Wheaton, IL
Has anyone had issues with chain skipping on their Transition Relay? I did and could not seem to get by micro adjusting the AXS transmission (derailure). However, it’s solved as a result of keeping the chain extra clean and lubricated (at least compared to my analogue MTB). Bangtail Bicycle in Bozeman, MT figured it out. They explained that because of AXS has some engineering on the sprocket teeth to help the chain move with load on, but those getting even a low amount of gunk will cause this chain skipping to happen. We cleaned and lubricated the chain and everything is solid. Any similar experience?

Mr Tonka

Apr 19, 2024
Tampa
Not really. I use squirt wax lube and despite a boat load of wax build up on the chain, cassette and jockey wheels, no skipping. However, I did experience some inconsistent shifting a while back and then finally it was becoming difficult to pedal. that's when I figured out the cassette had backed off the free hub a little bit and was rubbing the inside of the axel drop out. Tightened it up and it was A+ shifting again.

I found that mass quantities of lube isn't as necessary in your neck of the woods as it is here in FL with all the sand. Here in FL, with the sand we pretty much lube every ride. That's every 20 miles or so. Two weeks ago in Bellingham, I rode about 140 miles without a lube and everything was still sounding and working well.

Are you XX, XO or GX?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles