Trance X E+ Elite: 2023 vs 2024

slowmanual

Jun 7, 2024
BC
Geo and spec-wise (at least at the level "2" build) there doesn't seem to be any changes in the 2024 bike vs prior year.

Only difference appears to be the addition of the "Mg" suffix to the SyncDrive Pro 2 motor. Other than saving a bit of weight, are there any practical differences with the new motor that anyone is aware of?

mark1981

Jul 14, 2024
Torquay
50g lighter motor which is more 'corrosion resistant' according to the spec. The only other changes I noticed when deciding between them was the '24 changed to the TRA wheelset, and a tranz x adjustable dropper (for the 2).
Which one did you end up going with. I can get the 2023 $400 cheaper, so wondering if it's worth it.

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
Having weight in the calculation for the Elite models doesn't make much sense to me. I have the E3 model which is 45.8 pounds after replacing the bars, grips and saddle and I now have the 29x2.6 Assegai and 27.5x2.6 DHRII on it (I like the slightly added comfort of the bigger tires for Utah) and with flat pedals.
I also put XT levers, which I had in my parts bin, on the 420 brakes and that resulted in a huge improvement in braking.
It has enough torque and power that dropping weight isn't a big priority. I try to keep weight to a minimum on my mountain bike, but not on my ebike. If the Mg case deadens sound significantly, I'd consider it, but not because of weight.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I think 2025 will be the year of big changes for the Reign E, not so much the Trance E... My 2 cents.

DylanJM

Sep 19, 2024
Denmark

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Think the Reign is staying the same for 2025. Just some spec changes.

Yeah, seems the Reign E+ is going to wait another year before mega change... Which is ok I guess given that liter e-enduros are going through transition phase right now...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles