Too hot!

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Its been hovering around 30c for weeks here and very little precip. Forest fires are raging rhroughout the province and smoke everywhere.
Im in the go high and go early to beat the heat and smoke , afterrnoon siesta, and a spin after supper when its still light and the sun dips bhind the mt.
Early and the smoke hasnt built up. Mid day we cant see more than a km or 2. Its a bit apocalyptic here atm

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Time to man-up, brah.
Ride hard in the heat of summer, ride like a rockstar when it cools off.
Sheeeet dude, you're too 'ardcore for me. I can barely move from a fan blasting on my face. ? Us welsh folk can't take the heat.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Is it currently too hot to ride or am I being a "wuss"?

It's been okay riding here near Burgos. Started early and the temperature had only hit 30°C by the time I got back to the campsite. However, heading for Aínsa tomorrow and AEMET says the temperatue will hit 38°C on Thursday. Might need to take an extra bottle of water with me... :unsure:

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I'm retired so I don't feel driven to ride when I don't have to so if I'm not having fun I don't do it. I don't think I would have fun at the moment.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's hot as balls out there. Yesterday I had a solo ride at a slow pace and binned it when I ran out of water. Today I was out with a mate and we were riding at twice the pace on the climbs and got through twice as much water in the same distance so we ditched it for ice cream. (y)

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
2 days ago In my local area went from this
hq720.jpg

To almost 30°C in the next couple of days

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Lol, it’s fine mate. If you can handle sweating you can do it. Just drink fluids to replace what’s leaving the body.

I banged about 38km today…..it was fine whilst moving…..when I got home . And I upped the assistance where I wouldn’t normally. Got to love an Eeb.

Sorry to see the flooding shit…….awful.

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
33° at FOD today, perfect trails. Besides I'll be working in a conservatory all week so today was nothing!!!!
Was hot tonight. Cheeky few downs at pedals and a quick loop of the free miners. Getting flow back after a few good crashes. Followed by a pint

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Too hot? Wearing full face and armour and climbing with no shade.....yes! I was at Afan earlier this week when the hot weather arrived. We were lucky to get in a good ride in c23 degrees with some pm cloud cover but the following day was zero breeze, clear sky, and 26 degrees.......too hot!!

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
heat stroke is no fun it sneaks up on you (normally just after dinner), After having for the first time I found myself much more sensitive to heat, but I find I'm ok on a bike even full gear as long as I'm cycling.

I find myself moaning like goldie locks about the weather with the UK's big swings. imo perfect for outdoors for me is dry 18-21c overcast.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
All my local trails are in forests and it is much cooler under the canopy of the trees but you really notice the heat on some more open access fireroad sections.

After having lived a few years in southern Spain, my recommendation is to do morning rides and stop at your local bar/café on the way home for your morning coffee and some water (not necessary, but very nice).

Besides that the temperatures are lower in the morning, the sun is the real killer in my opinion so I used to go out at around 6 or thereabouts and be home at around 10.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
There are a couple of problems with this heat in the UK. We are not used to it and it's tends to be "muggy" heat. I've rock climbed, which required a fair amount of walking, in the USA, Europe and Turkey in higher temperatures but it didn't feel as oppressive and debilitating as this does. Similarly with winter. I've ice climbed at -40 in Norway but it does not feel as bad as cold in the UK. I think both cold and heat when affected by high humidity can feel worse. Cold coupled with humidity seems to get right to the body's core.

Al

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Just keep moving on the bike and create your own breeze :p
It was really nice riding yesterday.. until we stopped.
Took my mates freshly completed Dengfu E10 out for a spin locally for a few hours yesterday.
20210718_124724.jpg

20210718_124741.jpg

spotted this guy enjoying the sun too
20210718_124550.jpg

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Yesterday was about 32C here in the U.K. , and today it's 18C. That's the problem With the weather here. We can get four seasons in one day. There's just no consistency and no chance to get used to the changes.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
It is 115 in California desert and we work out in that heat. So 30 Celsius sounds amazing.
Broc
It's like I said though. Brits aren't used to it and the heat here is more humid. I find it very debilitating. I have climbed in California in hotter temps but it simply does not feel as oppressive as it has been here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles