Not open for further replies.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Thanks @Maastricht..
The idea of paypal donation comes from a emtb forum user that ask me for this..
In the app is explained why I added this..
Feel free to read it or to skip it..
The important thing is.. enjoy your ride with BLEvo..

Great idea and I’m looking forward to seeing this on iOS. I for one am only too happy to pay a fair price for a quality app and BLEvo is right up there!

Keep it going @PaoloBLEvo you deserve to get the benefits from your great work ??

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
hmm. Think you misunderstood. I don't mean it is someting wrong with the generated tcx file from Blevo.

I'll try to explain better what I'm trying to find out how to do, as a temporary solution:
Yesterdays ride I used both Edge 1000 and Blevo to record.
This gives me two tcx files.
I would like to MERGE data into ONE tcx files, with a tool that can let me decide for example:
Garmin tcx:
- all gps/ride data like km, speed, altitude
- heartrate

Blevo:
ALL THE FUN STUFF!
- cadence
- rider power, bike
- assist level, battery usage etc

The merged tcx file, I will use for strava and sporttracks which are the preffered logs for me.
I'll continue using Garmin unit as my main tool for logging (not interested in phone on the handlebar), but want to make use of the good things from Blevo :)

On a longer perspective: I hope to take advantage of the statictics and data Blevo provides, but doing that by only recording a ride with one unit, a garmin unit.

Please as if (I still) didn't explain good enough.

I use this it works perfectly

koren9

Feb 28, 2019
Israel
Hello All,
I'm trying to find out what would be the smallest and cheapest Android phone that will be dedicated to Blevo App only . I saw some 2.5" rugged phones running Android 4.0 - will that be sufficient ? any info will be highly appreciated .
Thank you

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello All,
I'm trying to find out what would be the smallest and cheapest Android phone that will be dedicated to Blevo App only . I saw some 2.5" rugged phones running Android 4.0 - will that be sufficient ? any info will be highly appreciated .
Thank you
Could you share the phone model?
How much is your budget? Because if you can spend 100 euro, I suggest the BV6000s.. The screen size is 4.7", the battery is big and it has the barometer...

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Interesting idea for riders who don't like a bigger screen on their handle bars. I only would be carefull as the phone is rated IP53 and the plastic backcover does not seem watertight.

Battery is 900mAH which is very small on the other hand the screen is very small too so I am not 100% sure how long you can use it, at least, as you like to use it as a continuous display.

Further I am not sure if bluetooth 2.0 will work. Maybe Paolo can comment this.

If you decide to buy it, can you then maybe post the results and also some pictures of the phone on the handle bar?

koren9

Feb 28, 2019
Israel
Interesting idea for riders who don't like a bigger screen on their handle bars. I only would be carefull as the phone is rated IP53 and the plastic backcover does not seem watertight.

Battery is 900mAH which is very small on the other hand the screen is very small too so I am not 100% sure how long you can use it, at least, as you like to use it as a continuous display.

Further I am not sure if bluetooth 2.0 will work. Maybe Paolo can comment this.

If you decide to buy it, can you then maybe post the results and also some pictures of the phone on the handle bar?

Here is a stronger example - Unihertz Jelly Pro The Smallest 4G Smartphone in the World Android 7.0 Nougat... | eBay
I really don't like the bigger phones on the handlebar .

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
@PaoloBLEvo to help with cases where GPS has failed to record for a whole ride but battery/power data etc has been recorded for the whole ride could you allow saving of battery/power data as a standalone .tcx file? This would allow combination with the ride route from another source e.g garmin or device.

Sepp62

Nov 21, 2018
Germany
This one is definitely "low budget":

Has a 900mAh battery, which is not much.
Some people report problems with some mobile carriers/services (AT&T).

On the amazon page, there is a customer review where it was used as a bike navigation system.

Chardy82

Feb 25, 2019
Southampton
I think I am all clued up on it all now and BLevo looks superb. I am currently using gpsies+ to plan routes or even follow others. Can I link this into BLevo so I am not running multiple apps whilst riding. Last question.... I have the new iPhone XS Max, is there any need to get the bv6000 phone for riding? Is the battery any longer on the bv6000?

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I think I am all clued up on it all now and BLevo looks superb. I am currently using gpsies+ to plan routes or even follow others. Can I link this into BLevo so I am not running multiple apps whilst riding. Last question.... I have the new iPhone XS Max, is there any need to get the bv6000 phone for riding? Is the battery any longer on the bv6000?

The iPhone works fine, especially when paired with an apple watch for HR - the BV6000 is just a cheaper, more rugged option with longer battery life. I use a XS Max and don't even notice the hit on battery over my typical ride duration which is c2hrs. The Android version of BLEvo (at the moment) is more feature rich but Paolo usually brings any new features to iOS over time.

Chardy82

Feb 25, 2019
Southampton
The iPhone works fine, especially when paired with an apple watch for HR - the BV6000 is just a cheaper, more rugged option with longer battery life. I use a 10 XS Max and don't even notice the hit on battery over my typical ride duration which is c2hrs. The Android version of BLEvo (at the moment) is more feature rich but Paolo usually brings any new features to iOS over time.

Thank you. I’ll use the XS Max for now then as have the quad lock case and waterproof cover. Do you know if the GPSies+ app can load into BLevo?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released version 3.4.2 of BLEvo for Android which solves the problem of association of a new cardio belt and/or remote control.
I have also added other small improvements.
Here is the complete list of changes.

- Added on-screen messages on remote command commands
- Added action to turn off / on the screen
- Added audio configuration to run long or short audio messages of the remote command
- Increased the help of the Smart HR when it is connected to the Smart Power
- Review TCX file tags
- Bugfix: the screen did not light up on the remote page scroll command
- Bugfix: Bluetooth cardio association and remote control

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thank you. I’ll use the XS Max for now then as have the quad lock case and waterproof cover. Do you know if the GPSies+ app can load into BLevo?
You can create the GPX track with GPSies.com and the send to BLEvo via mail or via file transfer..
Is this what you mean?

Reigi

Feb 27, 2019
Germany
Here is a great overview page of all outdoor smartphones. https://mobiloscope.net/en/hardware/smartphones/waterproof-rugged-smartphones-IP67-IP68.html. I myself have used a Blackview BV5000 for a long time. Unfortunately, the display has been damaged by a fall. I then bought a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) second hand (the A3 (2017) is a bit smaller). Both are IP68 certified. Both are very good as Navis except for the battery capacity. After 4-5 hours with always-on the battery is empty. That's why I ordered yesterday the Doogee S30 (battery = 5500), that there are about ebay and Amazon for about 110 €.

Kev Henson

Sep 6, 2018
Leicestershire
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? My leg power on the screen is very slow to respond both going up in power and down to the point I am stopped but it says I'm pushing 171 Watts, it does drop but not for a good 10 seconds, android and battery optimisation is turned off on everything,, all other displays work fine
20190302_103500.jpg

20190302_103500.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? My leg power on the screen is very slow to respond both going up in power and down to the point I am stopped but it says I'm pushing 171 Watts, it does drop but not for a good 10 seconds, android and battery optimisation is turned off on everything,, all other displays work fine View attachment 11435
View attachment 11435
I think you have the TCU version 2.019..
You need to update it.. remember that you will lost the possibility to unlock the speed..

Kev Henson

Sep 6, 2018
Leicestershire
You need to update it.. remember that you will lost the possibility to unlock the speed..
Sadly You are correct on the tcu version, does that mean the motor Watts is incorrect, also speed as I used the bike for source for speed and distance, shame as the maps are brilliant

Feb 6, 2019
España
I think it would be interesting if you valued the possibility of connecting external potentiometers via bluetooth, I also have version 2.019 and I do not want to update so as not to lose the possibility of modifying the speed. A part of all this there are very precise external potentiometers and with them the Smart Power would be on another level.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Today the first test-ride with Version 3.4.2, scosche Cardio and o_sync remote. All works fine. BLEvo with remote is a dream.
Thanks for the quick update on 3.4.2. A paypal donation is on the way.
Thanks a lot.
Just for my understanding, how you have configured the remote control?

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
@PaoloBLEvo - now have the BV6000 and BLevo app - when trying to download map tiles for imported gpx files, no matter what sort of map I try (except the zip ones, not done that yet), I get errors and no downloaded tiles. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Looked at the manual and the video without joy.....

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
@PaoloBLEvo - now have the BV6000 and BLevo app - when trying to download map tiles for imported gpx files, no matter what sort of map I try (except the zip ones, not done that yet), I get errors and no downloaded tiles. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Looked at the manual and the video without joy.....

Hi Xcentric, maybe I can help you... Are you trying to add the openandromaps to the BV6000?

Via this link:
Index of /pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/maps/
you can download the .zip map files which you like. You need to unpack the zip files on your computer and only add the .map files to the BV6000. (the others files in the .zip files are not required) Then copy and paste them into BV6000 BLEVO/MAPS folder.

If you also like to add GPX routes copy these to the BLEVO/GPX folder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles