Other Talking future Specialized with Marco Sonderegger- Senior Product Manager

Futurespeed

Apr 9, 2020
Dallas, TX
I watched the Q&A session, great job of investigative reporting. It was a layup of "seriously you don't have to answer this question" which leads me to my question. My LBS has a 2020 Levo base model at around 10% off in my size. I've researched for a year now and am ready to pull the trigger. I'd prefer the comp but they are sold out. Should I get it or wait a few weeks to look over the 2021 lineup?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Tricky !!

Under normal circumstances, you might push for a slightly larger discount, but with a bike shortage at the moment, they're not going to budge.

In your situation, if you've researched for a year and you prefer the comp, it probably makes more sense to wait until you can get a 2020/2021 comp.

As anyone knows who has one, it normally makes sense to get one sooner rather than later because you'll enjoy it loads ! If you're already settling on lesser spec than you want and then a new one is released in a few weeks with the spec you did want (or better), even the strongest minded person could feel regret....

Maybe ask if you can put a deposit on a 2021 comp at the shop and then you know you've got the ball rolling and you're in the queue for when they do arrive ?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
with a bike shortage at the moment, they're not going to budge
I wonder what the inflection point was? From bunker down, mad discounts to quick buy a bike before they're all gone? Maybe the realisation that sardine density mass transit could be detrimental to your health?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I wonder what the inflection point was? From bunker down, mad discounts to quick buy a bike before they're all gone? Maybe the realisation that sardine density mass transit could be detrimental to your health?
I think it was when people realised that e-bikes merged the worlds of Cycling, Action Movies, Fishing and Aquariums ...

Art work by @GrandPaBrogan ... Kenevo at the bottom of a French DH track "The Punisher" .. Fish .. A trout ? :p

KENEVO SHARK.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles