STUNLOCKER Can you unlock multiple bikes?

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
Thinking of downloading STUnlocker for my YT Decoy. My wife also has a Decoy, I am guessing but not sure can I purchase the app and use it to unlock both bikes? Anyone out there familiar with this?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No.
Each motor requires it's own license.

You even need to re-purchase the license for a replacement motor (on the same bike)

But it's still the cheapest way by far to derestrict a Shimano motor

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
No.
Each motor requires it's own license.

You even need to re-purchase the license for a replacement motor (on the same bike)

But it's still the cheapest way by far to derestrict a Shimano motor

Good to know. Yes still amazingly cheap. I want to decrease nM and power output on trail mode squeeze some more miles out of the battery.

Do you know if you can increase the walk speed? Default is so slow almost useless unless hiking straight up something you can barely walk. It look as though you could. Thank you for the info.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There's a setting for walk mode strength in Stunlocker somewhere but as walk mode just turns the chainring at a set speed the bike's moving speed is dictaded by gearing. ie. in order to have your bike move at the same speed as you are "walking" you generally have to shift gears from one end of the cassette to the other. (as you'll probably be in a low gear if you've had to get off and push on a climb)
it's a fairly pointless feature really unless you're carrying some sort of disability or weakness. Emtbs aren't especiallly all that much more difficult to push than normal bikes

This should answer most of your questions
There's also a big Stunlocker thread regularly updated by the App author you'll find easily if you use the search function

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles