Multiple emtbs ?

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
I have a Trek Powerfly HT and a Rail. The Powerfly is set up for gravel riding/commuting and touring with racks/fenders/Lights/Schwalbe g-one speed tires, now I also have an extra battery for long rides as The batteries are interchangeable.

Jeffk

Sep 17, 2020
Dallas, TX
I have three... a Turbo Levo for when I am dealing with mountains, my Levo SL for trails and singe tracks and a Creo SL EVO for my gravel time... as a former US Navy submariner I find triple redundancy comforting.

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
It’s interesting how many of us have a “spare” or at least a second bike to make sure we’re not without a bike for a while. It says something about the reliability of ebikes. I notice that people are asking ridiculous prices for second hand ebikes. Anyone who does a bit of research knows that both batteries and motors fail and even if they don’t they have a finite life span. Ebikes are also hard on all the other components so there are other expenses to consider as well. So, buying an ebike out of warranty potentially risks being landed with a bill for £500 to £1000. This is not a risk one has to take with a normal bike, nor to the same extent with a decent second hand motorbike or car. Until there is a general expectation of ebikes lasting at least 10,000k then the second hand market for ebikes looks risky and potential battery/motor failure has to be priced in. Final issue is that ebikes are improving rapidly, and so a three year old bike can begin to look seriously outdated, especially battery life. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my four ebikes eventually but I’m not anticipating getting much for them when I need to make room in my shed for the latest and greatest!

I have been railing on my YT decoy for three years now no issues with the battery, motor or any electric parts mainly just the normal wear and stuff like any other bike. Brake pads and tires do wear more quickly which I'm sure your aware of.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Back to two bikes again. Have an Avanti Hammer-e LT2 to join the Scott. Its a bike heavier than I expect and was going to sell it but will put a few more rides on it. Actually like the Zeb forks and as the motor and battery are the same as on my Scott I kind of like the idea of redundancy. Also want to service the suspension on the Scott and get rid of a niggling creak so now there is no rush to get done.

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
I have a 2021 Cube Reaction Hybrid for commuting on (fitted with schwalbe marathon plus tyres) and for weekend fun I take my 2022 Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Race, both decent bikes in their own right and ample for what I need.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I have 2, a norco VLT, 3yrs old 11000klm derestricted 32k/hr. It's my do it all bike, I'd sell it but it's a bit of a Frankenstein so doubt I'd get much for it. If the weather's shit or I'm just exploring, commuting this is the one to ride. I have a new turbo Levo for the trails when the weather's good. VLT should be handy for when the Levo eventually breaks if their track record is as bad as these forums say.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles