Shigura vs Hope T4V4

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Probably depends on when they were made. I ordered mine December of 2021, they arrived last week. I had the option to choose SS lines but they come stock with the kevlar Kevlar reinforced high-pressure line.

Weird, I would have ordered mine back in March of 2021. And I received them in October of 2022. Mine came stock with the black rubber coated SS braided lines. I ordered some of the kevlar line knowing the thicker braided line wouldn’t fit in my Orbea Wild frame.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
A little off topic but do the braided lines make a noticeable difference in performance? Certainly they look cool and they might be more durable but I am interested in the performance aspect

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
A little off topic but do the braided lines make a noticeable difference in performance? Certainly they look cool and they might be more durable but I am interested in the performance aspect

I honestly haven’t been able to tell the difference when I switch my rear line from the high pressure kevlar line to the braided one.

On my motocross bikes I’ve switched out rubber lines to brained and noticed a difference in the brake feel. But haven’t been able to notice a difference on my eBike.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
On my track day cars yes but when brakes are up to extremely high temps. Its stops the squishy pedal.

On a MTB I didn’t notice the difference when I ran Hope on an Orange MTB I had a while back. They looked great with clear hose though.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
On my track day cars yes but when brakes are up to extremely high temps. Its stops the squishy pedal.

On a MTB I didn’t notice the difference when I ran Hope on an Orange MTB I had a while back. They looked great with clear hose though.

Might help on long runs in the alps. I did have a bit of brake squish on my front saint somewhere in the alps. Think it was when I was dragging a brake following a slower rider, but do wonder if braided would have reduced that. Obviously the correct answer is don’t drag your brakes 😂

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Might help on long runs in the alps. I did have a bit of brake squish on my front saint somewhere in the alps. Think it was when I was dragging a brake following a slower rider, but do wonder if braided would have reduced that. Obviously the correct answer is don’t drag your brakes 😂
I think even with braided you may still get squish if you are doing that due to high temps and brake fade through heating/boiling the fluid.

Reactions: Dax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles