SCOR 6080

Andorranik

May 14, 2021
Europe
Started this thread as very little online about the Scor 6080......Just ordered a GX to fill in for the Voima that has cracked. (even though BMC in Switzerland were not helpful at all re buying a frame)

Should be here next week and I will Update once I get a few rides in. Two Questions I would like answered..........

I will put the CX race from the Voima into the SCOR and "save" the new motor until I know what is happening over in Finland......Can I get the local Bosch dealer to change the wheel circumference from 29" to 27.5" or would it be a whole new "remap" on the motor overwriting the Pole settings.?

What is the seat post Diameter as I have a reverb post I want to use and if it is 34.9 I need to order the spacer now! I have looked everywhere and cannot find the answer.

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 12.07.25.png Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 12.57.00.png

Last edited:

HiGrade

Founding Member
Feb 7, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Congrats! THE Scor 6080 looks like an awesome Bosch powered downhill bike - fun to jib and manual with compact rear end.

That pole voima had a more vertical seat angle - I am curious about your feedback when you've spent some time riding.

It would look badass with a dual crown!

I don't know about the seat post diameter or motor remapping, sorry.

Last edited:

Andorranik

May 14, 2021
Europe
I am hoping that it will climb well as that is what I enjoy. here we have very steep technical climbs.....the Voima was a beast at climbing.......truely incredible. so I am concerned that the seat post angle and short chainstay will make it have a tendency to wheelie on the steeps like my old trek rail did. I am quite sure it will go down just fine, and at my age going down I am the limiter not the bike.

Andorranik

May 14, 2021
Europe
I did not realise you could buy a bare frame. Interesting. Where did you get yours?
No I bought a complete bike.....a GX. and will "save" the new parts to put back on the 6080 should the Voima come back to life...........which I hope it does as I frikkin love that bike and how it climbs the steeps here.

tooFATtoRIDE

Sep 18, 2023
Zug - Switzerland
No I bought a complete bike.....a GX. and will "save" the new parts to put back on the 6080 should the Voima come back to life...........which I hope it does as I frikkin love that bike and how it climbs the steeps here.
Understood. I look forward to reading your ride feedback and comparison.

Andorranik

May 14, 2021
Europe
Unfortunately Viladomat here in Andorra and BMC / SCOR Spain think its ok to wait for two weeks after paying for a 7k bike........they don't even have a tracking Number for it.......amazing.....

I am hoping it arrives tomorrow or Friday as I go back to work at the end of the month.........Poor service......I miss Blazing bikes and Trek. (Hi Will)

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Sounds like you are getting some pole level customer service there.
Seriously though, hopefully will get sorted and looking forward to your review, especially around seatpost insertion depth.

Andorranik

May 14, 2021
Europe
So on Friday the Scor Arrived, Worked late to "make it mine"

Day 1 was up the lifts in Vallnord as the Motor Sensor was set to Hub Magnet and the motor would not assist. First impression of the bike compared to the voima is like a Soviet era Fighter Plane....compared to a Modern one. Over built, the finish is sanded Alu with a clear coat.....(looks great I think). There were a few things badly done from Factory....for example the Battery mount bolts in the down tube were loose with no thread lock....
Going down was fine very plush, I took it it easy as the suspension was well out and did not feel right. Due the motor not working there was no climbing.

Day 2
Put some tokens in the fork. reduced the pressure.....and spent a bit of time setting up properly. Magnetic sensor glued to swingarm (no mount but a perfect space in the drop out for a big blob of epoxy)

The real test......bike climbs better than expected......no way as planted as the Pole, and with 165mm cranks had more strikes in a day than I had with the Voima in a year!!!! I thought the bike would want to wheelie on the steeps with the short rear stay but it is no where near as bad as when I had the Trek Rail I was pleasantly surprised at its ability.

Downhill I found the bike to play nice....very plush and sure footed.....not quite as playful as the Voima......just a big Bruiser that will far out perform my abilities.

All in all I am happy BUT would I prefer my Voima back.? You Bet ya the Voima is special....... and the way it climbs here in Andorra where it is steep and technical make the Voima win hands down in the climbing department.

Down hill in park not too much between them.

Today I will do some "Techincal downhill off Piste" and report back

IMG_5060.jpeg

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Great result about the magnet. Well its not great that the manufacturer completely set it up wrong, but at least with the rotor magnet you have future options to more easily remove the speed limit.
Nice write up, keep them coming 👍

Andorranik

May 14, 2021
Europe
Hi All, I am at work now at sea...so no biking for a bit.
I managed about two or three more large rides on the Scor and I am happy with the bike its managed all my climb nemesis tests where I would be the limiting factor.....going down hill in the park is fun as you would expect and it is very capable and confidence inspiring. The weight is getting Noticeable I had a Trek Rail 9.9 that I could lift above my head....then I had the Voima that I thought was heavy......and this is just a bruiser I can barely lift it onto the maintenance stand!!!!! on the super steep walk sections I am so glad it is a Bosch motor with its easy to use walk mode as pushing this up a hill even for a short distance would be killer. My Last two bikes were 29/29 so that is what I am used to. I definately feel closer to the rocks on the pedals.......lots of Pedal strikes on the climbing where the Voima would just cruise past without a care. Downhill the bike is awesome.....very stable composed and just mops up the bumps and rocks as you would expect at this level. Maybe a bit easier than the voima on hard switchbacks and slow techie downhill single track.
If I had never owned the Pole I would have been delighted.......but I will admit that I am hoping Pole Rise again send me some new swing arms. It really was the best bike for me and what I do.
I am finding it hard to put to words my feelings about the SCOR compared to the Voima.....Basically the Scor is a meathead Heavy weight thug and the voima is the same that has done MMA Training with shiny pants on.

Andorranik

May 14, 2021
Europe
Oh Forgot to mention......I have a 170mm Reverb post and yes I wish it would go in another inch/2.5cm in the photo its in as far as it will go!!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles