Rise charging port screw size?

shredjim

May 5, 2021
White Salmon, WA
Can someone please tell me the details on our Rise's charging port screws? I recently noticed I have two missing and need to replace them. Thanks!

PXL_20220509_212847978.jpg

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
M2x8. From the picture it looks like it's a torx socket cap head and not countersunk. I would remove one of the original bolts to examine before ordering anything online.

Page 61 of the Rise Blue Book manual

Screenshot_20220509-152405.png

Screenshot_20220509-152921.png

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hey, Jim.
I see you're in the U.S. When I need quality fasteners, I like McMaster-Carr. They're an industrial supplier who has everything you can imagine. They have M2 x 8 in black oxide stainess, for $9 per 100. You end up spending a bit, but you don't have to go searching around, you'll have them by the end of the week, and they won't be made from beer cans and cow dung.

shredjim

May 5, 2021
White Salmon, WA
Thanks guys! I used a 1.5 mm Allen key to tighten the top 2 bolts as they were loose too. I will check before I purchase but I believe they are counter sunk.

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
Hey, Jim.
I see you're in the U.S. When I need quality fasteners, I like McMaster-Carr. They're an industrial supplier who has everything you can imagine. They have M2 x 8 in black oxide stainess, for $9 per 100. You end up spending a bit, but you don't have to go searching around, you'll have them by the end of the week, and they won't be made from beer cans and cow dung.

I second McMaster, you get full spec sheets plus they are manufactured in the US.

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
About 5/16 inch threaded equals 8mm threaded length.

Yes, thus the M2x8 spec in the manual.

This bolt specification breaks down to this:
  • The letter ‘M’ indicates that this bolt uses a metric thread.
  • The number ‘2’ refers to the nominal diameter of the bolt shaft in millimeters.
  • 8 is the length in millimeters.
  • sometimes there is a number in the middle (like M2-0.5 x 8) which is the thread pitch of the bolt, which is the distance between threads, in millimeters.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Yes, thus the M2x8 spec in the manual.

This bolt specification breaks down to this:
  • The letter ‘M’ indicates that this bolt uses a metric thread.
  • The number ‘2’ refers to the nominal diameter of the bolt shaft in millimeters.
  • 8 is the length in millimeters.
  • sometimes there is a number in the middle (like M2-0.5 x 8) which is the thread pitch of the bolt, which is the distance between threads, in millimeters.

Haha, I didn't even look at the specs in the manual. I just saw the tape measure photo and thought "I could be very helpful and convert that to mm quickly". Made my post useless. Thanks. Metric measurements are soooo much better than our American way of doing it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles