Rise Hydro charging port/harness cable removal problem

lockin

Dec 1, 2020
Wrocław
I need to replace foulty harness cable between motor and charging port but problem is that blue paper has nothing about it. I have unscrew charging port cover but internal part of charging port can not be pulled out since there are 2 barbs inside a frame and block port. Any ideas?

IMG_20230713_182318.jpg

CrashEhman

Nov 1, 2023
Virginia
I have to do the same thing. Did you ever find out how to get the harness out? I was planning on cutting the barbs out, but there has to be a better way. What issue was your Rise having that made you want to replace the harness?

lockin

Dec 1, 2020
Wrocław
My rise lost the power after a ride one day. I did not want to send it to shop since I had a 2nd one and a lots of spare parts I have made the investigation. Root cause was one of the pins in plug that goes to motor (there are 2 + and - from harness). I was planning to send back the harness to shop to replace it but I could not take it out and after I send email to Orbea they said this operation should be done by service. So I have made a workaround. Pins in power plug are floating in my case but you can turn the cable left/right to keep them connected (that is shimano another very bad design) or use some glue.

IMG_20230713_165934.jpg

CrashEhman

Nov 1, 2023
Virginia
I had the same exact problem. Got to my trail and tried to turn on the bike and nothing. Took everything apart and found a loose pin just like you. I pushed it back in and then epoxy it in place. The bike will turn on for 2 mins before shutting back down. Then I noticed while I was testing everything, that the on/off button harness was getting super hot right away after turning the bike on. The built in resistor on that harness seems to be getting overloaded. I'm guessing something is still not right in the main harness. So I'm going to try replacing both harnesses and hope that fixes it. Just waiting on the parts to get here. Glad you got yours fixed!

CrashEhman

Nov 1, 2023
Virginia
@CrashEhman
What is your plan to remove harness from the frame? Or you are going to the shop?
I took out the pivot bolt to give me more room. That allowed me to get a Dremel in there and sand down the metal knobs a hair. Which was enough to work it wiggle the harness free and put the new one in. It was all for nothing though as it was not my issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles