Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I never use condoms and always have enough cash for a beer/drug binge on me
The two are not unconnected.

The 2xtubes in the Dakine hotlaps frame pack are 90g a piece and all tools were also chosen paying attention to weight ;)
the whole lot weighs about the same as 50wh extra LiIon Battery would

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I never use condoms
The 2xtubes in the Dakine hotlaps frame pack are 90g
My mistake ! There is no way a humble condom would handle a Gary thrashing ! Tubes ! Cut and knotted ! sorted ! It's amazing what survival advice you can pick up on here some days ! (y) Get it right and I guess you could use the valve to let air in and make them easier to get off. Good lord, you need to write a book .. or maybe a manual !

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Waist packs - Don't like them, uncomfortable and make the ride less fun. Back packs and waist bags spoil the ride. I'm used to riding without tools and hoping for the best! A shitty situation will probably happen one day. That's why I'm after a small frame bag that suits the Levo frame but it's big enough to hold a pump, tube and multi tool.

I don't want a saddle bag either, because when I'm off the bike pushing it I prefer to push with one hand behind the saddle.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Waist packs - Don't like them, uncomfortable and make the ride less fun.
Only if you fill them with 7 shades of shit.
Apart from the odd inproptu detour on the way home from work I don't go riding properly with mine either
A 550ml waterbottle strapped to your side in a lightweight runners waist bottle belt with just your keys and a light snack in the pocket is neither heavy, uncomfortable or any less fun to ride with.
I ride normal mtb with this set-up quite often.
251028.jpg

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Only if you fill them with 7 shades of shit.
Apart from the odd inproptu detour on the way home from work I don't go riding properly with mine either
A 550ml waterbottle strapped to your side in a lightweight runners waist bottle belt with just your keys and a light snack in the pocket is neither heavy, uncomfortable or any less fun to ride with.
I ride normal mtb with this set-up quite often.
251028.jpg

I wouldn`t like to fall on that water bottle though .
Camel back for me .Water bladder, 1st aid kit , Mc Gyver bits ,CO2 , Pump , tube , patches , multi tool , rubber gloves ,elbow pads , tyre levers , valves , Phone , wallet , spray jacket , reading glasses , toilet paper , quick links , brake pads , spare hanger , Ibuprofen tabs and tyre pressure gauge .

Ride with it all the time . Never know the difference ...
Most all of those things have been used in the last cpl of years .

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I wouldn`t like to fall on that water bottle though .
FFS!

it's a plastic bottle. It's rather a lot nicer than a pointy rock or a stump to land on and when you do it generally squishes just like your oh so essential Camelbak. But I'm not here to be your HSS officer or nanny. ? the choice is entirely yours. And you don't need to justify it to me or anyone else.
Water bladder, 1st aid kit , Mc Gyver bits ,CO2 , Pump , tube , patches , multi tool , rubber gloves ,elbow pads , tyre levers , valves , Phone , wallet , spray jacket , reading glasses , toilet paper , quick links , brake pads , spare hanger , Ibuprofen tabs and tyre pressure gauge .
Yep. 7 shades of shit :ROFLMAO:
Ride with it all the time . Never know the difference ...
Don't talk pish. no one compos mentis couldn't tell the difference between Nothing at all on your back and all that shit.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Anyone come up with a solution to riding with no camelback for the Turbo Levo, apart from going with no tools and hoping for the best ?

Lately I've just been bringing money for a taxi in case it all goes wrong!

Need to just store a multi tool, spare tube and pump really. In addition to the water bottle that it comes with.

Presumably a small frame bag that sits in the front triangle and does not get in the way of anything is the solution. I've got the Blackburn Outpost bag on my Hard Tail but it doesn't fit my other bikes - especially not the Levo.

Speaking of water bottles, does anyone know a decent water bottle that has a cover to keep the crud well away from the mouth piece ?
Depends where you go I always have rucksack doesn't bother me. Don't fancy being 10 miles in sticks and have to walk out I take stuff to eat if I'm out 5 hours. Get water bottle with cover you need that or just drink out of the burn.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
FFS!

it's a plastic bottle. It's rather a lot nicer than a pointy rock or a stump to land on and when you do it generally squishes just like your oh so essential Camelbak. But I'm not here to be your HSS officer or nanny. ? the choice is entirely yours. And you don't need to justify it to me or anyone else.
Yep. 7 shades of shit :ROFLMAO:

Don't talk pish. no one compos mentis couldn't tell the difference between Nothing at all on your back and all that shit.

No pish Gary ...
Like I said . Wear it all the time ,never know the difference .
You enjoy riding drunk with no helmet on 40 PSI . I don`t enjoy wheeling my bike home . ?
Different strokes for different folks .

And this ; And you don't need to justify it to me or anyone else.
You might take your own advice on that ?

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I fin myself using a flexible bottle, in the pocket on the back of my bib shorts I wear under my kit in the summer, you dont notice its there, and no hard impact from it if you crash.

One of these IIRC

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles