Protecting my legs from nasty vegitation

DanRad

Apr 5, 2020
Los Angeles CA
Hi,
I ride in areas where I come back with bloody scratches and scrapes from vegetation. I prefer wearing shorts. Any recommendation on lowerleg protection?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I think this is what @Zimmerframe wears
1608701190752.png

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
As said above, I use long knee pads and long thick (sealskin) socks.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would give a pair of decent riding trousers a go, I was anti them for years but now love them, you would be surprised at how good a decent pair are to ride in, and definitely a to less restrictive than cladding your lower legs in anything bulky.

Other option would be a decent set of winter bib tight worn under your shorts.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
It’s like saying “ I keep getting me head banged but prefer to ride with no helmet , any suggestions ?”
TROUSERS ! ☺

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
It’s like saying “ I keep getting me head banged but prefer to ride with no helmet , any suggestions ?”
TROUSERS !

Amen to that. I started wearing longs in the summer as stingers were rife. Never looked back. I have 3 pairs for all occasions - wet cold , dry cold and warm.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
In shorts its Long socks or arm/leg warmers for me, helps with stingers but not thorns. Its common enough come across over grown paths full with stinging nettles here so always carry arm/leg warmers since they weigh nothing have lots of uses.

Long pants aren't so bad if you get one with stretchy knee, ankle cuff and a crotch vent..

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Hi,
I ride in areas where I come back with bloody scratches and scrapes from vegetation. I prefer wearing shorts. Any recommendation on lowerleg protection?
Just do a google search - “MTB shin guards.”

There’s rigid ones and soft ones. With or without knee pads. Thick or breathable ones. Lots to choose from.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles