Pissed off at SC brand

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
thank the lord they’re out of stock for the S5 expert otherwise I’d be feeling rather sick right now after just paying full price from spesh concept store!
I shopped around a good bit, nobody had better prices. Balfe’s was cheaper than the old Specialized prices before they raised them. Their customer service has been great too, only downside is they don’t ship to the highlands. I had to ship it to my mother-in-law’s house in Edinburgh, we’ll be going down next weekend to pick it up.

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
What about buying your desired SC eBike from a bike shop in the states and have it shipped overseas to you? Ive been riding my 22 Heckler since March but Im also in California. The bullit is a nice ride as well.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
What about buying your desired SC eBike from a bike shop in the states and have it shipped overseas to you? Ive been riding my 22 Heckler since March but Im also in California. The bullit is a nice ride as well.
It’s not worth it to ship it from the states, you’ll end up paying import fees/taxes on it. The best way to do it would be to fly there with a bike bag, ride the new bike a bit and bring it back. You’d have to leave the battery in the US since you can’t take it on the plane. I brought my SB150, SB130 and my wife’s SB140 back that way, if customs asks you just say you brought it with you from whatever country. Luckily for me there’s never any customs agents at the airport I fly into so I’ve never been stopped or questioned.

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
im starting to look at levo's now,i have a date in mind and if my heckler isn't here by that date i'm cancelling.i'm so fed up with the whole situation that i will not be comingback to sc.

Have a look at Balfe’s if you’re after a Levo, I ordered my Levo Pro from them. Best price I could find in the UK, it was £1100 off Specialized price. They have a decent stock of the pro/expert models and a ton of the alloy models.

specialized have just put their prices up again - levo expert has gone up by £750 to £10K and the pro has gone up to £12K :oops: alloys levo prices also increased. worth getting in on the blafes sale bikes

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
specialized have just put their prices up again - levo expert has gone up by £750 to £10K and the pro has gone up to £12K :oops: alloys levo prices also increased. worth getting in on the blafes sale bikes
Yep…we had planned to order a Levo frame for my wife, just swap parts off her SB140. Balfe’s doesn’t have the frame so I went on a few other sites that I had checked before, they all have it at the new price of £7500! I found one site that had it “on sale” at the old price but they don’t have the size I need in stock. If they have to order it will be at the new price.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
It's not just SC.
I'm tall, so am limited by the geo that I need to fit a particular bike. I ordered the Bullit in early '21 and cancelled it a couple of months back. I understand the issues behind this, but the lack of openness and information regarding supply dates has been piss poor.
Since the Bullit came out, two new makes/models have been released that I would fit on. They are the Pivot Shuttle LT and the Ibis Oso. However, when you do a search to find one to buy.... there's bugger all available.
I've now bought a heavily discounted V1 Megatower and am in the process of building it up. The timing's been almost perfect as, with all the grey through black Friday deals going on, i'll be building an £8k bike for around £5k.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles