Pic of the Day

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
We've imported summer from Scandinavia by the look of things. Anyway, I have eye surgery booked next week so that was my last ride for a month. 😭

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
Took to the Australian Alpine Region on the weekend. Beautiful area. Some fantastically preserved old refuge huts.

1718177232381.png

1718176983327.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Kielder.North West Northumberland .
A quick solo ride taking in the Deadwater Trail ( Into The Valley & Twist & Shout x2) and Skydive on the Lonesome Pine Trail ..where I managed to save the world from an alien 👽 invasion ..
Still can't get used to all trees gone through harvesting ..although Russell has done a great job ( ongoing) of repairing damage and re-profiling the trail ..completely changing the flow (in a good way) ..just wish the tree cover was still there 😕.
Nice new picnic bench ..but too many midges to hang around for long ..
1000006939.jpg

Enlarge the pic and follow the trail from the greenery on the left " Into The Valley "
1000006941.jpg

Crossing over the Valley and climbing up to Skyspace near to the observatory I'd heard about the possibility of being " visited " .. the info sheet had a rough description ..
1000006947.jpg
Sure enough after sitting quietly for a few moments ...
1000006943.jpg

This thing came flying down the tunnel at me which I managed to capture ..
1000006942.jpg

Eat or be eaten was my only thought ..
1000006946.jpg

The little fella never stood a chance ..managed to destroy another four which took care of the scouting party from planet Poppit..and saved the world from obesity..
You can thank me later 😌
Strangely it took a little while to get moving again ..
1000006945.jpg

Nice little pootle ..and back in time for the footie starting ..

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Kielder.North West Northumberland .
A quick solo ride taking in the Deadwater Trail ( Into The Valley & Twist & Shout x2) and Skydive on the Lonesome Pine Trail ..where I managed to save the world from an alien 👽 invasion ..
Still can't get used to all trees gone through harvesting ..although Russell has done a great job ( ongoing) of repairing damage and re-profiling the trail ..completely changing the flow (in a good way) ..just wish the tree cover was still there 😕.
Nice new picnic bench ..but too many midges to hang around for long ..
View attachment 142249
Enlarge the pic and follow the trail from the greenery on the left " Into The Valley "
View attachment 142250
Crossing over the Valley and climbing up to Skyspace near to the observatory I'd heard about the possibility of being " visited " .. the info sheet had a rough description ..
View attachment 142251 Sure enough after sitting quietly for a few moments ... View attachment 142252
This thing came flying down the tunnel at me which I managed to capture ..
View attachment 142254
Eat or be eaten was my only thought ..
View attachment 142255
The little fella never stood a chance ..managed to destroy another four which took care of the scouting party from planet Poppit..and saved the world from obesity..
You can thank me later 😌
Strangely it took a little while to get moving again ..
View attachment 142259
Nice little pootle ..and back in time for the footie starting ..
👍👍👍 Marvelous post!

Thanks God you saved us! Luckily, after this stressful fight, you managed to get back through the than even narrower gate hole. The only concern now is that he was the vanguard and there will be more to come. Better we join you going back there to defend our planet against the upcoming high caloric invasion. Never to be underestimated little bastards! 😒

PS: Real nice looking place up there with the trail you mention and I can feel with you about the cut trees.. 👍
Had to check what this Skyspace thing is, appearing from the inside like a toilet, and found this with some explanations & pics: Skyspace Kielder

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
👍👍👍 Marvelous post!

Thanks God you saved us! Luckily, after this stressful fight, you managed to get back through the than even narrower gate hole. The only concern now is that he was the vanguard and there will be more to come. Better we join you going back there to defend our planet against the upcoming high caloric invasion. Never to be underestimated little bastards! 😒

PS: Real nice looking place up there with the trail you mention and I can feel with you about the cut trees.. 👍
Had to check what this Skyspace thing is, appearing from the inside like a toilet, and found this with some explanations & pics: Skyspace Kielder
We are not alone

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
You must be built like Arnie to manage getting that bike up there. I like the roof suckers ? though.
You can see in the photo below, I've placed the rear wheel mount low on the tailgate. So I lift the rear wheel on, then pivot the forks into the mount. I also remove the battery, so with the wheel off as well, it's about 5kg lighter. So probably only about 19kgs.

It's surprisingly easy to get up.

1718543756751.png

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
You can see in the photo below, I've placed the rear wheel mount low on the tailgate. So I lift the rear wheel on, then pivot the forks into the mount. I also remove the battery, so with the wheel off as well, it's about 5kg lighter. So probably only about 19kgs.

It's surprisingly easy to get up.

View attachment 142279
Perhaps it is easier because you are down under! 😉

I have been loading loads of windsurfing boards and bikes in/on cars and vans and can not imagine how this is working without arms like a crane boom.😀 Please share a video how this is handled. 🤔

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles