Pic of the Day

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Back on form. First fall of the year. Wasn't even an exciting one...

IMG_20230219_160135.jpg

It's still a good reason the celebrate with Apres Chute though..

IMG_20230219_182204.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is that slates, Zim? I love it!
Yup. Late last year I fancied sitting outside with the dog and a fire in front of the house and thought the more normal quickly stone circle seemed a bit lame ..... So old slates it was ! Was actually quite therapeutic and didn't take long.

Someone asked the next day how many slates .. so had to count them .. 378 !

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
You’ve just catapulted me back to my childhood…….nobody from the council estates had a new bike!
Very true, we all had utter shitters. My mate had an RSW shopper (circa 1972 I think) which he fitted a car steering wheel to 'for a laugh'. He was proper mental. Same thing for motorbikes too though - we would ride any old piece of crap round the fields - I once had a Honda 200cc Benly (air cooled) which we tried to destroy by leaving it in neutral in a field with the throttle taped wide open. Went back there the next day and found that the bastard hadn't died - it had just run out of fuel (full tank) so we filled it up and I carried on ragging the tits off it for months. That was when my respect for Honda engines started :) Of course we all went through umpteen Honda C50/C70/C90's too - all with the leg shields removed for that 'sporty' look :LOL:

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Very true, we all had utter shitters. My mate had an RSW shopper (circa 1972 I think) which he fitted a car steering wheel to 'for a laugh'. He was proper mental. Same thing for motorbikes too though - we would ride any old piece of crap round the fields - I once had a Honda 200cc Benly (air cooled) which we tried to destroy by leaving it in neutral in a field with the throttle taped wide open. Went back there the next day and found that the bastard hadn't died - it had just run out of fuel (full tank) so we filled it up and I carried on ragging the tits off it for months. That was when my respect for Honda engines started :) Of course we all went through umpteen Honda C50/C70/C90's too - all with the leg shields removed for that 'sporty' look :LOL:
This thread reminds me of this:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Yup. Late last year I fancied sitting outside with the dog and a fire in front of the house and thought the more normal quickly stone circle seemed a bit lame ..... So old slates it was ! Was actually quite therapeutic and didn't take long.

It looks great. Not bad for a Brico depot special. 😉

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
🤔. With the rear mudguard cut down & a moto x tyre on it. Can’t beat it.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick

You'd get the best part of two quid each for those in the UK.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Yeah but it’s unliveable in the summer. You need air conditioning to survive 8 months of the year. You’ll die if your car breaks down and you don’t have water. Don’t play cool kid on your one week a year that’s nice for the human species.

LOL, not sure if fun exaggeration or serious. I've had people think that was true. Also another one is that we're just all sand dunes.

I've considered turning on the AC today, because it's 76 in the house, but I think we'll survive it.

1676926044028.jpeg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Yeah but it’s unliveable in the summer. You need air conditioning to survive 8 months of the year. You’ll die if your car breaks down and you don’t have water. Don’t play cool kid on your one week a year that’s nice for the human species.

I did almost die of hotness riding in the phoenix desert in June. Obviously I'm pretty hot already so maybe that was the issue?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles