Pic of the Day

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Started off exploring a bit today it was ok till I went off piste . Fifty metres from top of Jocks hill branch stuck in derailleur and twisted it bad. It was in behind a spoke. Dismantled and shortened chain first turn broke chain . Three miles in deep Heather was the shortest way back to van . Discovered that Ebikes don't roll downhill in hip deep heather unless it's vertical . And three deer fence gates were open but last most remote one had a padlock. Safest way is to straddle and up and over with bike .

20230215_110642.jpg 20230215_111040.jpg 20230215_131115.jpg 20230215_131937.jpg 20230215_133446.jpg 20230215_143539.jpg 20230215_132704.jpg

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Started off exploring a bit today it was ok till I went off piste . Fifty metres from top of Jocks hill branch stuck in derailleur and twisted it bad. It was in behind a spoke. Dismantled and shortened chain first turn broke chain . Three miles in deep Heather was the shortest way back to van . Discovered that Ebikes don't roll downhill in hip deep heather unless it's vertical . And three deer fence gates were open but last most remote one had a padlock. Safest way is to straddle and up and over with bike .
Feck me, getting the bike over the last deer fence must have been savage! 😲

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
It is. Pro's I guess are it's out of the way for mud & getting kicked/knocked. Cons it's ugly, detracts from the lines of the bike & this particular design is a flimsy rubber one piece, so I've already managed to lose one before while out riding & had to order a replacement from Germany - let's face it, it's not the sort of part your lbs will have lying around the joint.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Was irritated that my nephews tight-arse Dad (a millionaire) who buggered off a couple of years ago can't even be bothered to buy his son a half decent bike (he has been riding around on his sisters one) so given he loves riding I couldn't help myself and bought him a used Boardman 8.8. This was his first outing on it to the local Country Park - he absolutely loved it.

Not a scenic pic by any means but special to me as I love seeing youngsters on bikes, not enough of them these days IMO.

Thorndon.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Was irritated that my nephews tight-arse Dad (a millionaire) who buggered off a couple of years ago can't even be bothered to buy his son a half decent bike (he has been riding around on his sisters one) so given he loves riding I couldn't help myself and bought him a used Boardman 8.8. This was his first outing on it to the local Country Park - he absolutely loved it.

Not a scenic pic by any means but special to me as I love seeing youngsters on bikes, not enough of them these days IMO.

View attachment 107148
Yes you don't see any of the home made bikes I remember as a bairn . Lads with drop bars upside down, steering bikes with your feet etc . Then again the traffic nowadays is scary.

Reactions: Dax

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Yes you don't see any of the home made bikes I remember as a bairn . Lads with drop bars upside down, steering bikes with your feet etc . Then again the traffic nowadays is scary.
You’ve just catapulted me back to my childhood…….nobody from the council estates had a new bike! Re @RustyIron”Do tyre sealants do anything” post only a couple of kids had tyres on their bikes

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
You’ve just catapulted me back to my childhood…….nobody from the council estates had a new bike! Re @RustyIron post only a couple of kids ha tyres on their bikes
Yes wheels without tyres I can hear them now. Butchers bikes you could carry a mate in the front bit happy days. I had a toy plastic engine that made a noise like a motor bike on my Raleigh . Cardboard in spokes made a farting noise. No camera phones in sixties to record any of this .

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Here’s another memory, raiding my grandads shed for “Segs” to hammer into the back of your shoe heels to make sparks fly when stopping or steering with your feet………f**k me I’m feeling the nostalgia 😂

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Here’s another memory, raiding my grandads shed for “Segs” to hammer into the back of your shoe heels to make sparks fly when stopping or steering with your feet………f**k me I’m feeling the nostalgia 😂
Not as nostalgic for me as it takes me back to a time in the 70's when " segs" were used in brouges..part of a uniform worn by your local "friendly" skinhead gang Crombies , Sta-prest and Doc Martens (as another choice of footwear ) completing the wardrobe ..being a " hairy" and into rock music they were " interesting " times ..😉

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Not as nostalgic for me as it takes me back to a time in the 70's when " segs" were used in brouges..part of a uniform worn by your local "friendly" skinhead gang Crombies , Sta-prest and Doc Martens (as another choice of footwear ) completing the wardrobe ..being a " hairy" and into rock music they were " interesting " times ..😉
Stay press White ones always worn half mast to show off the boots . Emva cream and Scotsmac we called them a bottle of Breach of the Peace .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles