Western MA, USA
Blending in?
1611936623597.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who does that !

View attachment 51742
I don't have a pic ..but I only got 100m / yds.. on a previous forum group ride out of Sedbergh ( The Calf / Bowderdale route) when the same thing happened to me a few years back ..a quick phone call to the nearest bike shop explaining the circumstances ( Wheelbase ..Staveley ..an hour away ) and they replaced the rear mech as soon as I got there and I rejoined the ride at the half way stage
( I remembered that customer service and bought my next bike there )

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So what causes that??
A : incompetence
B: Universe incompetence

I think generally it's B, unless you're immortal, in which case you would be lulled into a false sense of security of thinking everything around you was immortal - my ex was like that)

Full tilt on power (in my case only in Eco) but going as hard as possible for a long KOM and nothing was going to stop me (so fit "A" in as appropriate). picked up a stick I didn't even see (Edging more to A) .. wound in, jammed, ripped to poo ...

Long walk home ..

B = unlucky.

OK .. I was an A. you can probably "ole" .

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Bit samey as it's lockdown but this time without the snow - just frozen solid! :)

Winter Hill (again), different view from summit - this time with Trig Point and more masts...

Winter-Hill-03.jpg

Did my usual route today just over 17 miles (up to the top twice, up the Pike twice, down the really rocky descent, across to Belmont Road, down the road (43.5mph unassisted!), watching for ice, Back up again. Getting faster on some of the technical descents (helped being frozen solid!).

I am getting bored with it now though...

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
We don't have real mountains here, but plenty of deer ...

Nearly hit a Red Deer doe once coming down the back of Scolty Hill near Banchory (Aberdeenshire) on my own on an evening ride when I lived up there. Trees tight in, overgrown fire road, me doing about 25mph and I obviously startled her. She came out of the trees going left to right and we just missed each other, I managed to steer around her rear quarters. I don't know who was terrified the most!

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
A : incompetence
B: Universe incompetence

I think generally it's B, unless you're immortal, in which case you would be lulled into a false sense of security of thinking everything around you was immortal - my ex was like that)

Full tilt on power (in my case only in Eco) but going as hard as possible for a long KOM and nothing was going to stop me (so fit "A" in as appropriate). picked up a stick I didn't even see (Edging more to A) .. wound in, jammed, ripped to poo ...

Long walk home ..

B = unlucky.

OK .. I was an A. you can probably "ole" .

hahah defently a B for me too, i was full tilt power to and my rear derailleur hit a rock and I continued for a short second. :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles