2222.jpg

ggggg.jpg

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Mrs levity and I had a chance to ride some trails in the Sawtooth area near Truckee, Calif., just north of Lake Tahoe. Here’s a cute sign at one trail junction.

IMG_2383.jpg

Didn’t see any beavers or bears, and the sign may need to be changed to read “2 Bridges (mind the gap)”. Fortunately, it was easy to get by given the current drought.

IMG_2382.jpg

A short ways up we took the Lower Big Chief Trail –

IMG_2404.jpg

Starting out there was a nice view of Squaw Valley, site of the 1960 Winter Olympics. There’s usually snow left even in June, but not this year.

IMG_2405.jpg

Some nice trail work across a rock fall –

IMG_2406.jpg

A “skinnie”, one of many features on the trail -

IMG_2408.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
In case you and the speckled hen missed the game…….WE WON….
Oh I saw the game alright ..we won ..but I was bored shitless..and fell asleep for a few mins in the first half ..
Kane was crap yet again ..and shouldnt have been on the pitch to score ..
Having a squad full of attacking intent but not using it ..whats the point ?
I would rather see a team having a real go ...even if they go out ( in a blaze of glory)..than watch that utter drivel again ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Stocks Brow, Tintwistle. Lunch was of the packed variety sat under the shade of a tree. The Bulls Head pub there use to amazing but haven’t been this century ?

This was all in aid of trying to find something flat to ride on and so I jollies off up to Woodhead Station off the Woodhead pass along the Longendale Trail. Needless to say there’s no longer a train timetable available.

34miles around 3000ft of climb and 55% of a 625 used. Now it’s beer o clock and time to watch Engerland Nil. Lets hope I’m proved wrong. Bring on Fat Les. “We’re going to score one more than you!. Na na nah etc”

View attachment 65544

View attachment 65545
Brings back memories of an epic 50+ miler we started from Langsett Resevoir.on mtb's...must have been around 2008..a group of us stayed in Glossop the previous night and drove from there to start the ride ( being the nearest point to the A1 for the journey home .)
Classic doesnt begin to describe it and forever etched onto my memory is a vision of the sun going down as six of us were kicking up dust chasing the last of the sunlight over Cutgate / Mickledon Edge ( yeah dry & dusty! ) before arriving back knackered ..and with a long drive home ..

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Brings back memories of an epic 50+ miler we started from Langsett Resevoir.on mtb's...must have been around 2008..a group of us stayed in Glossop the previous night and drove from there to start the ride ( being the nearest point to the A1 for the journey home .)
Classic doesnt begin to describe it and forever etched onto my memory is a vision of the sun going down as six of us were kicking up dust chasing the last of the sunlight over Cutgate / Mickledon Edge ( yeah dry & dusty! ) before arriving back knackered ..and with a long drive home ..
We very rarely get any sun in Glossop so must have been epic. Can you remember where you stayed in Glossop ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Up early doors, 6am and of to Coed Y Brenin to do the black run Tawr Du, been wanting to do the slabs for ages. Nice dry conditions and no one about. That could be a good thing or a bad thing of you come off, but I survived. (y)
View attachment 65647 View attachment 65648 View attachment 65649 View attachment 65650
I want to do that again…….last time I rode that was maybe 7 year ago on my trusty Spesh HT Comp…..A tadge daunting the first time you look from the top down ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles