Pic of the Day

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Great 25 mile loop from Chapel Whitney south of Hexham. Good mix of surfaces and dry !!
For this on the forum who are familiar with this ride the single track from Tedham Moss taking in Pikeley Rigg, Hangman’s Hill and leaving the common at Kings Law was spectacular. I’ve never ridden this in such dry conditions, utterly brilliant. Tight singletrack and after the Xroad at Hangman’s Hill the trail was total a total rockfest……great riding. View attachment 64379 View attachment 64380 View attachment 64381 View attachment 64382
It's a great ride any time of year but dry & dusty would take it up a few notches ..sorry I couldn't join you ?
I am curious where this Chapel Whitney is though ..??

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
6’ drop…….get in there Mr G.

Thanks EMF. It’s not a drop to flat, it’s a roll off. As you approach it you can’t see what your dropping off, only the canyon floor below, as there’s a rock overhanging the lip. It’s more of a psychological barrier to overcome. Chuffed that I did it though. This short (old) video clip highlights it better than I can explain it

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Thanks EMF. It’s not a drop to flat, it’s a roll off. As you approach it you can’t see what your dropping off, only the canyon floor below, as there’s a rock overhanging the lip. It’s more of a psychological barrier to overcome. Chuffed that I did it though. This short (old) video clip highlights it better than I can explain it

Even so mate it’s great that you’ve put to bed a section that you’ve previously thought twice about ?
Respect ✊

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
??Makes me wonder if you actually know what a hill looks like Steve ...those figures on the map EMF showed are in metres..not feet ?
I certainly know what a hill looks like, I have biked when above the highest peak in the UK. The route seemed to travel between the 300 and 500 contour lines. I was just checking my interpretation of the route.

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Enjoyed this one, bit of everything. Single track, fire roads, forest, fast descents, bastard climbs & first group ride in a while. Well, two of us anyway. Behold the awesome photograph.

-0p9BWoq.jpg large.jpg
Bw59yHvK.jpg large.jpg

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Mountains, alps, etc. Villars and Les Diablerets. The final shot is on the national piste into Les Diablerets, I can ski that in around 3 or 4 minutes, takes a bit longer to ascend on the bike even with assistance :)

View attachment 64355 View attachment 64356 View attachment 64357 View attachment 64358 View attachment 64359 View attachment 64360 View attachment 64361 View attachment 64362 View attachment 64363 View attachment 64364 View attachment 64365

Hodgitis !

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Picture ( bottom of the tack looking back up to the last corner ) doesnt really show the steepness or the full track which is a good length, ive done this downhill section a fair few times but never in as dry weather !! it was scary and fun but much harder than when its not dried out !! not sure why ? feel much more in control on this downhill when its wet and/or muddy for some reason. My brakes were cooked at the end and my hands raw but i absolutely love it.
IMG_20210616_125103.jpg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I had a plan to enjoy a bimble out to the coast via the canal, a nice easy (non-sweaty) ride.
The Midges and mozzies were out in force, there were flying things I've never seen before, and then when I was just over halfway there this happened.
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 07.35.35.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 07.35.34.jpeg

No saving it this time

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire

roboticinvesting

Oct 27, 2020
Calgary
Evening burn after work.

16 miles around Jubilee Tower again but with some variations on tracks. Will post some GoPro footage of the descents tomorrow...

Relive Video

Stats...
View attachment 64455
I love how non-ebikers say that riding an eMTB is not a workout. I often see those high average heart rates as well on my rides. Not a workout my ass!!

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I love how non-ebikers say that riding an eMTB is not a workout. I often see those high average heart rates as well on my rides. Not a workout my ass!!

There’s four trails that link together at Swinley Forest that you can do in succession at high speed. I ride them in Tour mode, and sometimes hear someone referring to the fact that I’m on an ebike (not necessarily in a bad way).

At the end, there’s no doubt that it’s a proper workout, as I’m constantly trying to better my time, and as a fit person it’s quite obvious that I’ve been pushing it hard!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles