Orbea Rise and Sram Transmission. Compatibility?

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
If I was on a Rise, I would be looking at getting the Shimano DI2 Linkglide in 11 speed. I don‘t think an EMTB needs 12 gears. It is less expensive and wouldn’t require any adapter to install.

Markitos

Apr 3, 2023
Puerto Rico
Hi All,

After testing for several weeks I can confirm the system works with no issues. Heres what I used:

T-Type GX Cassette
X0 T-Type chain (you may use GX or XX)
GX AXS Derailleur
GX T-Type transmision Pulleys
Custom spacer (ID 12mm x OD 19mm x 2mm thi)
E*Thirteen Chain Ring 34T

The first issue encountered was that the T-Type cassette has a 2mm offset outboard. When you install the wheel, the T-Type cassette will touch against the frame. For this reason I put the spacer between the wheel and the derailleur hanger/frame. The stock E*thirteen chain ring works perfect with the T-Type chain, however you may also change it for a sypder mount and T-Type specific chainring offered by sram. As for the AXS derailleur, it would shift with stock pulleys but would some times miss shift. I replaced the pulleys with the T-Type transmision pulleys and the problem stopped. So far I have put around 150km on the bike with no issues.

I am running full 85nm as I have a 540w extender connected in parallel to the 360 interal battery, having a total a 900w. Without the 540w extender the bike would not provide full 85nm. I can shift under full power in boost just like I can on other bikes with full T-type system. Only feature I dont have is the strength of the T-Type trans vs derailleur/hanger system. But shifting under load works perfect.

20240207_170116.jpg 20240207_170320.jpg

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Hi All,

After testing for several weeks I can confirm the system works with no issues. Heres what I used:

T-Type GX Cassette
GX AXS Derailleur

The first issue encountered was that the T-Type cassette has a 2mm offset outboard. When you install the wheel, the T-Type cassette will touch against the frame. For this reason I put the spacer between the wheel and the derailleur hanger/frame. The stock E*thirteen chain ring works perfect with the T-Type chain, however you may also change it for a sypder mount and T-Type specific chainring offered by sram. As for the AXS derailleur, it would shift with stock pulleys but would some times miss shift. I replaced the pulleys with the T-Type transmision pulleys and the problem stopped. So far I have put around 150km on the bike with no issues.

I am running full 85nm as I have a 540w extender connected in parallel to the 360 interal battery, having a total a 900w. Without the 540w extender the bike would not provide full 85nm. I can shift under full power in boost just like I can on other bikes with full T-type system. Only feature I dont have is the strength of the T-Type trans vs derailleur/hanger system. But shifting under load works perfect.

View attachment 135350 View attachment 135351
Can you comment on the 540 w extender? Not sure I know about this.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Hi All,

T-Type GX Cassette
GX AXS Derailleur

View attachment 135350 View attachment 135351
Oh, can you comment where you can get this type of spacer? ID 12mm x OD 19mm x 2mm thick..

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Made the switch over and it works exactly as described, and good job in the description by Markitos. I was able to get a spacer on Walmart.com and lightly filed the spacer to fit the 19OD. It's hard to find the exact spacer unless you have it fabricated by a machine shop, and all I could find was the 20mm OD. My advice is to make the switch once your rear cassette and chain are due for a change, and with some time passing, you may find a used derailleur on Ebay or Craigslist here in America. Nice upgrade.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles