Orbea Rise 2022

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
ok i got your point, yes for the price its awesome, and yes that is new.
i was thinking about my situation, sorry.

and again, i don't see how aluminium makes it better in any way, it just makes it more admirable.
i expect super light tires on those alu rises, and maybe some other components you might want to replace, raising the weight by a kilo or so.

as a comparison, my rise will be 16 kilo's, its arriving in a month.
The point is, that yes it IS in fact pretty wild if Orbea manages to make an ebike that is:
1) cheaper than current orbea
2) made of aluminium
3) keep it at 20kg
4) have a larger battery than the 360wh in the current Rise

Not a SINGLE one of these specs are hard to reach by itself. In fact as you say, almost all other ebikes do at least one of the things already so in that sense none of these things are unique.
But the combination IS unique. I challenged you to find a bike that fit's in to all of these categories for the reason that you said it isn't anything special, but it is in fact quite unique and special if Orbea manages to make a bike that fulfills all 4.

To answer your last post, having it made by alu isn't a good thing by itself, but it is how they keep cost down and it also makes it much harder to keep it at or under 20 kg, so that's why it is quite special if they manage to do it.

Reactions: Roc

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
yes i missed the point, i wasn't thinking about price.

"made of aluminium" only makes it harder to achieve, not a better bike (but cheaper obviously), i actually wonder how they did it.

so basicaly it is all about price, my bikes are given to me by my (own) company, being expensive is actually a requirement, its a tax thing.

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
yes i missed the point, i wasn't thinking about price.

"made of aluminium" only makes it harder to achieve, not a better bike (but cheaper obviously), i actually wonder how they did it.

so basicaly it is all about price, my bikes are given to me by my (own) company, being expensive is actually a requirement, its a tax thing.
Ok I see. I understand why you went for the 16kg version of the Orbea then. I hope it treats you well and that you will be happy with it. It would be intersting to hear what you think, coming from a deluxe bike like sworks turbo levo!

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
i f
Ok I see. I understand why you went for the 16kg version of the Orbea then. I hope it treats you well and that you will be happy with it. It would be intersting to hear what you think, coming from a deluxe bike like sworks turbo levo!
i find my levo extremely boring now, it's just too powerful, i don't get any endorphins from riding anymore, i need the pain :)

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
i find my levo extremely boring now, it's just too powerful, i don't get any endorphins from riding anymore, i need the pain :)

Hmmm....you do know, that you can actually (quite easy) turn the power down on your Levo, so it matches the Rise ?
And the Rise's power is allmost as strong as the Levo (85Nm vs 90Nm).

Flatsix66

Oct 29, 2021
South Main Divide
Hmmm....you do know, that you can actually (quite easy) turn the power down on your Levo, so it matches the Rise ?
The feel is different from a Rise at 85Nm vs Levo at 90Nm. I have both and the Rise encourages faster cadence to get the motor torque, so you are mentally trying to keep the Rise in the sweet spot, you work harder and are more engaged.

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels

no the rise is 60 nm, its a tuned down version of the EP8

yes of course i can use the Levo in Eco, but it's hard to resist putting it in trail or higher when you are on a steep hill, i don't have the discripline, i also want a more poppy fun bike.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
no the rise is 60 nm, its a tuned down version of the EP8

yes of course i can use the Levo in Eco, but it's hard to resist putting it in trail or higher when you are on a steep hill, i don't have the discripline, i also want a more poppy fun bike.

If you bypass the RS function, it's just a EP8 with 85Nm.

Do you know, that you can trim every preset on the Levo, so Turbo will be 60Nm (or whatever you choose...)
But I agree....Rise is more lively and engaging :)

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
If you bypass the RS function, it's just a EP8 with 85Nm.

Do you know, that you can trim every preset on the Levo, so Turbo will be 60Nm (or whatever you choose...)
But I agree....Rise is more lively and engaging :)
it's nice to be able to agree with someone here :)

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal

and again, i don't see how aluminium makes it better in any way, it just makes it more admirable.
i expect super light tires on those alu rises, and maybe some other components you might want to replace, raising the weight by a kilo or so.

35 pounds is light. I guess it will be your XC bike. I'm guessing 1280g wheel set and 700g minimal tread racing tires to get that light?

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
It is not the same to ride at 60nm with two so different weights... It is also different to ride 60nm and a lighter bike compared to 80nm and a heavier bike. Very different feelings there...

Roc

Oct 13, 2021
Belgium
news coming soon :p

Capture d’écran 2021-11-24 à 16.17.54.png

pedrock

Nov 25, 2021
Lisbon

Hi, how could you bring the bike down to 16kg? Is that with original tyres and 140mm front fork?

CORC_Richard

Nov 19, 2021
Kent
Full spec was published this morning on rothar.ie website, but page has now been taken down. Euro 4,999 Rise H30, aluminium version.

[/URL]

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
Full spec was published this morning on rothar.ie website, but page has now been taken down. Euro 4,999 Rise H30, aluminium version.

[/URL]

i wish you had posted in specs though

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
Seems to be extremely close to M20 in real world spec. If they managed to put in a bigger battery and keep weight at 20kg it's a very impressive package and I will be tempted to bye one for my wife.

Roc

Oct 13, 2021
Belgium
I don’t think that the H30 will weigh 20 kg because it’s the first level of the alloy version.
Maybe the H15 will. Let see in 2 days

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
Aha so the alu version gets 540wh battery. Makes sense. Could be very interesting to ride the alu vs carbon version back to back and feel the frame material difference isolated.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
What's the weight of the 540wh battery? I am guessing is almost the same... can we upgrade our carbon model? that would be just awesome :D

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
They missed oportunity to improve some details, like introduce a battery level indicator .
Looking to an oportunity to do a test ride. Beeing a e-bike full power user, want to compare the feeling before considering buying one.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Wow 540Wh is a lot bigger :) Original battery + extender on the carbon frame version is only slightly more than that at 612Wh.
540Wh plus the 252Wh extender would come to 792Wh!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles