Orange bikes,why the hate?

The undecided

Aug 20, 2024
Scotland
Greetings
I’ve had a bit of a soft spot for Orange bikes for the same amount of time I’ve been engaged in my hobby of all things mountain bikes ie 20 years.
12 various other “analogue”mtbs later,I finally took the leap a few months ago to replace my pristine Orange Four with my first EMTB (and last ever bike-I’m getting on a bit and really burst my budget)with a Phase EVO LE which fortunately has proved to be THE ebike for what and where I ride with a real world practical wish list spec and truly fits me like the proverbial glove.
Ok,it might only have 55nm and a smallish non removable battery but once I got the assistance upped via the flow app and dialled in its amazing Fox Factory suspension it makes every run a ton of fun with its fantastic geometry and components .
A ff emtb wasn’t a practical proposition for me for various reasons.
My question is, are there just a very small number of Orange emtb owners/riders on forums due to imho a large dislike or less sales of this brand compared to other makes hence very few comments and reviews?
Is any hate honestly justified?
I’m not trying to be an ambassador for Orange by any means but all I mostly seem to hear about either on the internet or forums are about EVERY other make out there or am I missing something?🤔
Just to clarify, respect to whatever your choice of bike is, spread the ❤️

What’s your opinions?

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
I've owned many Orange bikes over the last 20 years and still have a Stage 6 and RX9.

When I was looking to buy an ebike last year I didn't even consider an Orange as I'm not a fan of how they look and at that time they were only using Shimano motors.

Orange have had some financial difficulties over the last 12 months and I really hope they can pull through as they've contributed a lot to mountain biking in the UK and there are some great people working there.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Conflqating hate with popularity is a false equivalence. Don't know of many who hate anything much in the bike world, Orange though have stuck with swing arms as an article of faith forever & I imagine the market thinks there are more modern designs reflecting innovation & progression & votes with its wallet. Otherwise you'd see them all over the place.

Beaker2135

Subscriber
May 13, 2021
Cumbria
I’ve had a few Orange bikes P7, 3 Five and Alpine
The looks may be a bit Marmite but they are British built for British conditions ie maintaining 2 swing arm bearings versus 12 in my current bike is much less hassle
The price though is eye watering now

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK
I'd ridden a mate's late 00's five and didn't like it much, hired an Alpine 160 in the Alps which was better but inevitably a tank. Last I rode was a 2017/18ish Four and that was a genuinely great bike to ride.
I think what I found off putting with their eBikes was the high price, the shimano motors and then coupled with a confusing range, it seemed like so many models all broadly having the same user in mind.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I like you Hodgey lad, you're a chancer. You speak your mind. Even when there's nothing in there, you'll still have a try.
You are funny 😁
Although I've " nothing in there" ..I can still recognise bollocks speak when I see and read it ..so please humour me and define the word " conflaqating" ...
as I'm utterly blinded by your grasp of the English language ..and use of a word I've yet to come across anywhere else. So referring back to my original question
" What does it even mean ?" 🤔

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
You are funny 😁
Although I've " nothing in there" ..I can still recognise bollocks speak when I see and read it ..so please humour me and define the word " conflaqating" ...
as I'm utterly blinded by your grasp of the English language ..and use of a word I've yet to come across anywhere else. So referring back to my original question
Post was made on Saturday at 9:04 PM so alcohol and/or weed speak. Probably.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
You are funny 😁
I feel it necessary to mention that causation and correlation should not be conflated.
Cogito, ergo sum.
Quod erat demonstrandum.
Therefore someone / something won the argument. I think...
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles