Levo Gen 3 Ohlins TTXm2 vs EXT e-storia with cascade long link

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
looking to move to coil shock on my gen 3 levo (S5 size) and currently running a cascade long shock link (with float X2). have narrowed down my shock choice to the TTXm.2 or the e-storia, however interested in hearing real world reports on how these shock perform with the cascade link, particularly if someone has tried both

i'm aware there's various threads on here on best coil shocks and the cascade long shock link, however i can't find too many comparison between the two.

also, any clearance issues on either on an S5? are the adjusters easy enough to reach, given the extra frame support?

TIA

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hi, on Levo gen 3 with the long cascade link I was very happy with E-Storia 230x65. If you decide for this I'll sell it for 600 euros bought new two months ago, write me a PM

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Hi, on Levo gen 3 with the long cascade link I was very happy with E-Storia 230x65. If you decide for this I'll sell it for 600 euros bought new two months ago, write me a PM
Why do you want to sell the E-Storia 230x65 if you're happy with it? Just asking.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I have the Ohlins, but I really would have gone with the E-Storia if it was easy to get one in my area. Ohlins was just much easier to get and get parts for in Canada.

That said, the Ohlins are remarkable. I'm sure my riding has naturally improved, but I went out on Tuesday and did a loop I remember doing last summer on my X2, and wow, by the end of the loop, I was hitting all the drops and expert lines I said I would never do. Crazy how the coil just eats mistakes and makes you feel so comfortable. Little side hits certainly don't pop like the X2 did but for a heavy emtb I find coil suite it so much better.

faberle

Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
Recently instralled the Ohlins on my levo, still tuning it (softer spring on order) but overall very good (coupled with smashpot in Fox38). Got a Ext Storia on my rise (coupled with Push ACS in Fox36) , worked great first year of use but then the shock became stiffer (too stiff), sent it for service but feeling is not the same as when new (hence my choise of Ohlins for the Levo). Plus the Ext is a bit noisy (pffff type noise on compression) you get used to it until you try a silent one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles