Levo Gen 3 Cascade Link 2022+ Levo Long Shock Kit

Apr 18, 2020
germany
I have the problem of bottoming out my stock gen3 Levo with an X2 too easily and the rear and also doesn't feel as plus as my old 160 mm bike.

I'm a lighter rider and don't ride big jumps/drops. Mostly natural alpine hiking paths but also not too slow.

The easy/cheap solution would be to buy the link that just provides 10 mm more travel.

The long shock kit should be better but idk if I really need it considering I'm a lighter rider and I don't do big jumps. Also there seem to be clearance issues with the long shock kit and newer carbon frames if you want to use an X2.

I also prefer the low bottom bracket setting and the long shock kit makes it higher, at least when the bike is static. Do you guys feel the bottom bracket getting higher when you ride the long shock link?

Last edited:

Laja_B

Sep 7, 2024
Budapest
Hello,

Anyone have issue or experience with Cascade Long Shock Kit and RS Vivid Ultimate Air 230x65 , may contact and damage the frame when the suspension is full compressed at Specialized Turbo Levo Alloy Gen3 S3 size?

Thanks for the answers 👊🏼

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España
The long shock turns the Levo into a Kenevo, it is much better for enduro, with or without jumps, with a light or heavy rider.
The best upgrade for a Levo!
Of course the best solution to avoid various problems is to use a Float X, Superdeluxe Air or Ohlins TTX Coil to avoid contact with the frame or broken stem.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Its not so much the center of gravity but more like the geometry changes. BB gets higher, seatangle and headangle get steeper which will effect the handling of the bike and might make it less capable in some situations. I really prefer the low bb setting to the high with the stock link. That's why I asked cascade about the geo changes.

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España
The bottom bracket is raised with the long link, the stock geometry is not maintained, but the bike works much better.
The seat tube becomes more vertical, which only has advantages.
The steering is closed, but this is very easy to correct with the angle-set of the Levo.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
The geo change is one reason I recommend changing the front shock to 170mm. I was running the long link kit with a 170mm fork with the chip in low up until a few weeks ago that I put the chip in high. I might be liking it a tad more in high. In low I think it was better at the park but high it feels more at home on trails.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
The long shock turns the Levo into a Kenevo, it is much better for enduro, with or without jumps, with a light or heavy rider.
The best upgrade for a Levo!
Of course the best solution to avoid various problems is to use a Float X, Superdeluxe Air or Ohlins TTX Coil to avoid contact with the frame or broken stem.
I’m afraid I can not agree with the statement that a long shock kit turns a Levo into a Kenevo. The Kenevo has much longer chain stays and this makes it much more stable at speed and a better climber.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles