Other New Trek full power EMTB about to be launched

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I met a guy on the trail this morning that works for Trek. He said Trek is about to launch a new full powered EMTB. He said it will be 170/170 travel with the Bosch motor and weigh under 50lbs. Has anyone else heard anything?

Reactions: BMP

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Wouldn’t surprise me. Manufacturers are gonna start adding the latest technology to keep up or stay ahead of the new-kids-on-the-block. (Ie; DJI).

Every 6 months or so there will be a new innovation, just like computers, that will make our cherished steeds obsolete. I’m not gonna throw my 6 months old Trek Fuel EXE in the garbage just yet though.

BMP

Apr 18, 2024
Iowa
Wouldn’t surprise me. Manufacturers are gonna start adding the latest technology to keep up or stay ahead of the new-kids-on-the-block. (Ie; DJI).

Every 6 months or so there will be a new innovation, just like computers, that will make our cherished steeds obsolete. I’m not gonna throw my 6 months old Trek Fuel EXE in the garbage just yet though.
Those EXE's are cutting edge! Lightweight and balanced range! Heck, I like our pre smart Gen 2 Rails!

Brad

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
There has been a lot of talk of a Bosch motor upgrade, wouldn't expect too many bikes announced on the 4th gen motor...

They have their work cut out to do better than the DJI specs, although I imagine they will match them on weight and power.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Those EXE's are cutting edge! Lightweight and balanced range! Heck, I like our pre smart Gen 2 Rails!

Brad
The EXE has been a game changer for me …love that bike! But DJI has announced a few interesting improvements. Touch screen controls, more motor sensors, wireless thingy’s, etc.

I wonder when our bikes stop becoming bikes. 🤔

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I think that Bosch has decided to postpone the launch of the new GEN4 CX motor ( expected originally for Eurobike) because of the overstock of GEN3.
So I suppose a lot of new models release are waiting for the “ready go” signal from Bosch. This Trek can be one but also the Orbea Wild is waitng…

pagheca

Nov 6, 2022
La Palma, Canary Islands
I met a guy on the trail this morning that works for Trek. He said Trek is about to launch a new full powered EMTB. He said it will be 170/170 travel with the Bosch motor and weigh under 50lbs. Has anyone else heard anything?
What exactly does "full powered" mean? Just marketing or something specific? And what about "170/170"? Thanks!

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
What exactly does "full powered" mean? Just marketing or something specific? And what 170/170? Thanks!
I guess we’d like to see some sort of class for bike types and power. Manufacturers are all over the map. 55nm to 120nm. I can’t pigeon-hole myself to compare with others.

In the end it depends on how, where, who, when and what I ride. 🤷‍♂️. So many choices …maybe too many choices?

pagheca

Nov 6, 2022
La Palma, Canary Islands
Sorry, now I am even more confused :(

What does "55nm to 120nm" mean?

I would be grateful if someone could explain this to a poor peasant with limited experience in this area. Thanks in advance!

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Sorry, now I am even more confused :(

What does "55nm to 120nm" mean?

I would be grateful if someone could explain this to a poor peasant with limited experience in this area. Thanks in advance!
I thought it meant the amount of power that a motor has or is capable of.

TQ motor-55nm.
Bosch gen4 motor-85nm.
DJI motor-120nm.

I’m sure wattage and voltage has a factor too.

pagheca

Nov 6, 2022
La Palma, Canary Islands
Thanks! I start to understand now: Newton-meter, or Nm.

So, this is a measure of Torque not Power (W)

But... what does 170/170 means then? Is this a class of motor torque?

I am sorry to bore you further with this question, but I would like to understand it completely. :)

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Thanks! I start to understand now: Newton-meter, or Nm.

So, this is a measure of Torque not Power (W)

But... what does 170/170 means then? Is this a class of motor torque?
I believe this means the amount of suspension (170mm front forks, 170mm shock)

My bikes are 160mm/150mm. The amount of stroke a shock is capable of. 170/170 is too much for me. I’m only 5’9” and 160lbs. If I was 200+ lbs and taller , I might , might get a taller suspension.

I’m still trying to figure out the acronym(s) being thrown around in here …FWIW, FFS, IMO

doochenozzle

May 16, 2023
Dildo, Newfoundland
Trek sub 50 lbs full power high pivot ebike? Considering the Slash is a rather portly 35 lbs without pedals and with a very light tire set, I’m skeptical.

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Cool to see new motor MFGs, but established local dealer support is an absolute must IMO.

My partner just picked up a Devinci E-troy lite with the Bosch SX motor. I'm really impressed with this bike- Mullet, great support for the motor, geometry is perfect for us, quiet, sub 44lbs with an alu frame, sensible build and great suspension.

New tech is cool, but I'm more excited to see these great value options and realistic prices.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles