New rider looking for advice.

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Without wanting to sound like a complete ***** on the grand scheme of things those numbers a pennies really,once you've bought the bike the rest is coppers..
I'm just reading before I post this as I truly dont want this to sound how it could possibly be read..

Chill it’s all good :)

It’s pennies for now, but I’m thinking a hardtail analogue build is next so...

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
7919FA41-970F-478B-BF6E-79F5102A9DC1.jpeg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I see ... a 90 inches flat TV is way more fun than any ebike these days.

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Holy shit! I’ll get pictures tomorrow, but holy shit! I rode it for half a mile before turning it on, kinda forgot to. I was happy as Larry. Then I turned it on and flew forward like a scalded cat. I wasn’t expecting this, it’s amazing!

I need to get used to the gears as I keep getting them to click click click bang. And bed the brakes in - I struggled to do a stoppy. It’s heavy, but now when you’re on it even with it turned off.

I 100% need padded pants and a front mudguard. And more shoes and trousers. I got my muddy.

At one point I was chilling riding up hill off road at 10ish mph and I thought with different tyres I could 100% commute in this.

An analogue hardtail slope/jump bike is next. This is too much fun.

New bigger shed planned, ground prep starts Saturday.

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
I recycled it into a den for my son.

Will be heading out for my first proper ride today. Have to do some filming for work so will use it as an excuse to go mooch for locations. I’ll get phone photos.

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Hi new member here and new to mountain biking so got no experience at all (got to start somewhere I guess). I will introduce myself on the main new members page soon. However I have a question I am 52 and to be honest overweight. Been looking for a bike for a while and my budget is around £2800 max. Thought my prayers had been answered when I saw this post where someone suggested the Stilus bike. However I exceed the weight limit on this bike by around 6kg. So is this bike no good for me either as a beginner or because of weight?
Many Thanks in advance
Andy

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
I’ll let people who know what they’re talking about chime in. But it depends on what you’ll be doing and if you’ll lose that weight. If you’re going to hit trails and jumps and rock gardens from the start I’d avoid it, but for general riding to get fit and lose weight - personally I’d do it.

But that’s me.

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
I’ll let people who know what they’re talking about chime in. But it depends on what you’ll be doing and if you’ll lose that weight. If you’re going to hit trails and jumps and rock gardens from the start I’d avoid it, but for general riding to get fit and lose weight - personally I’d do it.

But that’s me.
Thanks for your reply. I am a beginner so won’t be doing any jumps etc any time soon. I can only really afford one bike and was looking at hard tails until I saw your post. I am trying to future proof my purchase. But if people think I should forget this bike and get a hard tail that suits me better I will bow to their knowledge. I was hoping because I won’t do anything extreme I could get away with it but I don’t want to waste my money.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thanks for your reply. I am a beginner so won’t be doing any jumps etc any time soon. I can only really afford one bike and was looking at hard tails until I saw your post. I am trying to future proof my purchase. But if people think I should forget this bike and get a hard tail that suits me better I will bow to their knowledge. I was hoping because I won’t do anything extreme I could get away with it but I don’t want to waste my money.
As someone who went through two hard tails last year before going FS - knowing for sure I didn't need FS. I was wrong ...

If it can be squeezed in the budget, go FS. I think you'll be ok weight wise for the Stilus too if you're not doing anything crazy. That 6kg will probably disappear reasonably quickly as you'll be happy bimbling about on your bike lots. Most people who buy an e-bike can't afford food or drink afterwards, so this also helps with weight loss.

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Here she is in the garage. Not sure where to store it, thinking wall mount to hold the front wheel while it sits on the rear? Not sure.

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
In all seriousness,its a great looking bike,enjoy..still a few weeks away for me.i. desperate to clean my garage out,its looking messy at the.moment with all tips/recycle centres closed

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
I’m a neat freak. This is as messy as it gets. I chuck everything away. It’s taken me years to get this garage, instead of moving to a bigger house and losing it I’ll extend. That’s how much I love it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles