Feb 19, 2021
UK
This from the Haibike website
8A23EB02-38B4-43CD-BD15-573ADA75B13D.jpeg

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
looks to me like an All Mtn with a load of Ohlins kit thrown at it

If it is that bike your right I saw one for sale on Tredz the other day. All Mtn SE 9.5k. Ohlins and SRAM. XX1 and Eagle AXS kit everywhere on it. Nice looking bike but alot of cash in my opinion.

Last edited:

Technomupet67

Dec 29, 2020
London
Classic Haibike. There are no bikes available for at least 6 months at dealers or online and they keep doing these teasers with no purpose really. I wish they spent a bit more time on their customers rather than running some branding and marketing stuff all the time. I used to be interested in the "latest", they are not getting my money this time.

SteakPie

Feb 19, 2021
UK
Classic Haibike. There are no bikes available for at least 6 months at dealers or online and they keep doing these teasers with no purpose really. I wish they spent a bit more time on their customers rather than running some branding and marketing stuff all the time. I used to be interested in the "latest", they are not getting my money this time.
So you wouldn’t recommend buying a bike from them? Can you expand as I was considering doing so.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Apparently they are ditching the TQ motor
Was it ever launched then :). Haibike screwed up big time on marketing there... if I remember right, they plugged that motor 18 months before it was commercially available. And yes - 10K for a Haibike, pushing it into boutique brand price ranges? Seems over the top - even for a market in overdrive.

Technomupet67

Dec 29, 2020
London
So you wouldn’t recommend buying a bike from them? Can you expand as I was considering doing so.
The bikes are superb. Very nice finish and good components in general. Currently, after-sales from haibke in the UK is simply inexistent So you definitely want to buy from a dealer that is knowledgeable about your particular bike and carries spare parts in stock rather than rely on ordering from haibike and waiting weeks for them to come from Europe. If you try to talk to Haibike directly in UK or in Germany, they simply push you to the original dealer. No alternatives. No details. Nothing. Just "talk to your dealer. Which is wrong in my opinion in so many ways. (For completeness I am very pleased with my dealer and the way they have looked after me over the years)

My point is not that the bikes are not good, they are excellent. However, when I ordered my last bike almost a year before it was actually delivered. Once you get your bike, there might be another manufacturer that you might want to consider. If you want the latest bike as Haibike is advertising at the moment, you can put a deposit and wait until July or August probably. I believe that when a brand is launching a product they should have ample stock available immediately. This time, I am not ordering a bike for such large money until there is plenty of them on the tracks.

SteakPie

Feb 19, 2021
UK
The bikes are superb. Very nice finish and good components in general. Currently, after-sales from haibke in the UK is simply inexistent So you definitely want to buy from a dealer that is knowledgeable about your particular bike and carries spare parts in stock rather than rely on ordering from haibike and waiting weeks for them to come from Europe. If you try to talk to Haibike directly in UK or in Germany, they simply push you to the original dealer. No alternatives. No details. Nothing. Just "talk to your dealer. Which is wrong in my opinion in so many ways. (For completeness I am very pleased with my dealer and the way they have looked after me over the years)

My point is not that the bikes are not good, they are excellent. However, when I ordered my last bike almost a year before it was actually delivered. Once you get your bike, there might be another manufacturer that you might want to consider. If you want the latest bike as Haibike is advertising at the moment, you can put a deposit and wait until July or August probably. I believe that when a brand is launching a product they should have ample stock available immediately. This time, I am not ordering a bike for such large money until there is plenty of them on the tracks.
Thanks for this reply. I was hesitant before now even more so. From what you are saying, you should expect problems with your bike in the best of times. However at the moment the after sales service is brutal. The local dealers try their best but they too are subject to the lack of parts available under the current situation. N the other hand if you want to enjoy the experience and usage you have to take the plunge. what would be your best recommendation for manufacture and model?

I had the chance of a Haibike but I’m considering waiting on new YT.

Technomupet67

Dec 29, 2020
London
Thanks for this reply. I was hesitant before now even more so. From what you are saying, you should expect problems with your bike in the best of times. However, at the moment the after sales service is brutal. The local dealers try their best but they too are subject to the lack of parts available under the current situation. N the other hand if you want to enjoy the experience and usage you have to take the plunge. what would be your best recommendation for manufacture and model?

I had the chance of a Haibike but I’m considering waiting on new YT.

If this is your first electric mountain bike, you will not regret it. They are great fun and in my case really got me converted to cycling big time.
I have explored my local area and been on small explore in the countryside as a result. my latest bike has 3000km in 12 months of ownership.
Most of the components are standard, so if anything goes wrong with those it is easy to get fixed anywhere. However, when the motor or electronics go wrong, you are left with your dealer and that is it.

I have owned haibikes since 2014. I really like haibike simply because of the initial innovation compare to all the others coming into it afterwards. As a consequence, they have a nice design and good finish and have had a very good reputation over the years in terms of reliability. However, most brands have now caught up on the "standard" bikes. I have no recommendations simply because I have tried other bikes but never owned other bikes (it is a big difference). If I was in the market at the moment, I would be frustrated by the inflated prices and long wait time, the manufacturers are in my opinion abusing the "craze" (especially on the high end). I would look in the 4500 to 5500 price range. Not lower to keep nice components and not higher to avoid "silly land". It is a bicycle after all. The bikes that have caught my attention recently would be the ORBEA Wild (I like the ability to configure almost all the bike at order) and the RADON Render (get a lot of bike for the price), I like the bosch engine. In haibike range would be the All mountain 5.0.

Good luck with your purchase.

SteakPie

Feb 19, 2021
UK
If this is your first electric mountain bike, you will not regret it. They are great fun and in my case really got me converted to cycling big time.
I have explored my local area and been on small explore in the countryside as a result. my latest bike has 3000km in 12 months of ownership.
Most of the components are standard, so if anything goes wrong with those it is easy to get fixed anywhere. However, when the motor or electronics go wrong, you are left with your dealer and that is it.

I have owned haibikes since 2014. I really like haibike simply because of the initial innovation compare to all the others coming into it afterwards. As a consequence, they have a nice design and good finish and have had a very good reputation over the years in terms of reliability. However, most brands have now caught up on the "standard" bikes. I have no recommendations simply because I have tried other bikes but never owned other bikes (it is a big difference). If I was in the market at the moment, I would be frustrated by the inflated prices and long wait time, the manufacturers are in my opinion abusing the "craze" (especially on the high end). I would look in the 4500 to 5500 price range. Not lower to keep nice components and not higher to avoid "silly land". It is a bicycle after all. The bikes that have caught my attention recently would be the ORBEA Wild (I like the ability to configure almost all the bike at order) and the RADON Render (get a lot of bike for the price), I like the bosch engine. In haibike range would be the All mountain 5.0.

Good luck with your purchase.
Thanks for that. Most informative.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I will stick with my All mtn 7 thanks. They will give that bike to sponsored riders so they can do manuals down steps. #waste.

sunstoner

Aug 2, 2020
Nottinghamshire
What’s wrong with rev01?
I've no idea. I've never ridden one.

But the fact that Haibike has chosen to use the yam motor in their flagship models hints that they themselves were not happy with something. Who knows? not me for sure.

It'll be interesting to see if they stick with Bosch too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles