New Haibike Feb 2021

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I like “different “ which is why I’m looking at the Nox/Sachs unit. At the risk of thread hijack, and on the subject of different, I do like the idea of a Roholf belt drive unit. More manufacturers should be adopting this as an option. If you set out today to design a bike transmission system, the last thing on earth you’d come up with is the derailleur.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I like “different “ which is why I’m looking at the Nox/Sachs unit. At the risk of thread hijack, and on the subject of different, I do like the idea of a Roholf belt drive unit. More manufacturers should be adopting this as an option. If you set out today to design a bike transmission system, the last thing on earth you’d come up with is the derailleur.

I was looking at the Riese & Muller Superdelite in the York shop yesterday. That has a belt drive system and two Bosch integrated batteries, looks mint, not cheap though:

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I was looking at the Riese & Muller Superdelite in the York shop yesterday. That has a belt drive system and two Bosch integrated batteries, looks mint, not cheap though:

I wouldn't fancy lifting that over farm gates and stiles :unsure: :(

1614855140480.png

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
It looks like they improved the cables inlet in the steering neck so it is not so open anymore likewise on the previous Allmtn 7 and 6 models. The cable inlet on previous models has big opening and it catches water and dirt and it lands directly on the steering head bearings and the battery and probably the motor.

They also probably fixed the falling battery cover issue and the chain suck issue. So I would definitely buy this updated model rather than Allmtn 6 or 7.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Buy low end and upgrade to your own choice over time.

I would wholeheartedly agree with that in general, but there are exceptions where, if you can stretch to it, it's worth doing at time of purchase. For example, an AllMtn 3.0 2021 is currently £4300. An AllMtn 6 is £5400. So £1100 difference for which you get:

1. RockShox Yari 35 to Fox 38's
2. Alu frame to full carbon frame and swing arm
3. RockShox Deluxe to Fox Float DPS EVOL
4. SRAM SX to SRAM GX
5. Rodi Tryp to Mavic E-XM430

I think it would be a struggle to upgrade to that extent at a later date for anything like the same money. Just the frame/swingarm would make it a pointless exercise IMO.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles