New GasGas e-mountain bikes... not KTM or Husqvarna!

Vertas

Mar 22, 2020
Denmark
Here is a guide for the battery setup ;)

Attachments

• Battery Mount Check and Rework - Rev. A - Google Docs.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 432

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
KTM, Husqvarna and GasGas motorcycles all come out of the same factory in Austria with the same engines, frames and suspension. Not so the e-MTBs it seems!

6340_GASGAS_21_EnduroCross_11_back.jpg

6342_GASGAS_21_EnduroCross_11_oblique.jpg

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Well I never knew GasGas were part of that group. Raced a GasGas for a few years, loved it although it had waaaaaaaaaay more talent than me!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
KTM eBikes are almost all Bosch, so definitely not a rebadged KTM eMTB.

KTM acquired GasGas partially because of their electrification know-how (trials bikes, MX bike) for future electric moto projects.

No idea what the GasGas eMTB is all about.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
Looks like @NoPro answered that in the other thread pre-merge !!! :)

So is the Raymon bike the original , or is that a re-badge ?

dont know whether or not it is a rebadge I just know them as Raymon those seem to be the only bikes available in most sizes at the moment here in Austria.

also as far as I know KTM/Husqvarna and I guess GasGas bicycles have nothing to do with the motorcycle companies

llelp

Jun 9, 2021
Dorset
So I thought I'd provide a little clarity on this situation as it's a bit misconstrued. To do this we need a mild history lesson.

KTM Motorcycles are owned by a company called Pierer Mobility AG and (Bajaj from India) in Austria and have been for roughly 30 years. Pierer have slowly been aquiring other brands along their journey from bankruptcy (twice in the time) to being a European heavyweight brand.

KTM as a brand are kind of similar to 'Dunlop' or 'Husqvarna'. They are not all the same company but mulitple companies who own naming rights. KTM motorcycles and KTM bicycles are entirely seperate companies under different ownership. This was split when they originally went bankrupt.

Along the way, the owner Stefan Pierer decided to start diversifying. It started with Husaberg motorcycles (Swedish). They then purchased Husqvarna motorcycles from BMW and kept only the name. The physical assets were sold to a chinese company who badged them SWM.

GasGas is the newest aquisition and they repeateded the process. Sell some of the assets, keep the name and some products (their trials bikes and some e-mobility stuff). I don't know quite where Raymon Biycles fits into this equation but they are also owned by the same group.

Pierer also owns motorcycle suspension brand WP and a few other things that help keep the cost of KTM group production down. They have repeatedly attempted to purchase the KTM bicycle brand during this time but failed to do so.

And that lands us at the emtb situation. The GasGas range (which seams to be their lead direction currently) and the Raymon range are identical bikes with red paint and a GasGas logo on them. The Husqvarna range is the same.

This is a very Pierer thing to do and has been incredibly succesful in off-road motorcycles, mostly because they make incredibly good motorcycles.

TLDR;

KTM motorcycles not the same as KTM MTB's. KTM, Husqvarna, GasGas and Raymon are the same company. GasGas and Husqvarna emtbs are Raymon.

Source; I am a motorcycle journalist.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Further to what llelp posted, before KTM bike division used that what is now a GasGas frame from Raymon it was used as the original Husqvarna Mountain Cross bike. Now that frame has been rebranded as the GasGas eBike.
39B82C30-350E-4503-942B-5097E31DB228.jpeg
6757457A-D4F9-4389-A8DF-673C2E3B3C7D.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles