Other New Brose Motor - when will new Levo/Kenevo be presented? Pic available

Lexle

Jun 4, 2023
Germany
Not resolved at all,still many (many) issues on the new motors (mainly know Levo motors).
I know riders on their 5/6/7th motor on the new version.

Regarding the new one,it may be a great motor,but in the end a bike brand need to pick it over other offerings
that are maybe "safer" for them (mainly Bosch).
What production date and which issues?

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Up till the recent batches of the 2.2.
Main issues are clutches and some belts.Alot of high pitch up and down "whining" noises and after some time if not replaced total failure.
I have real info (numbers) that indicates it's only a little more reliable than in the past.
Also know the same issues on the Sram S mag motors.

Lexle

Jun 4, 2023
Germany
Main issues are clutches and some belts.Alot of high pitch up and down "whining" noises and after some time if not replaced total failure.
I have real info (numbers) that indicates it's only a little more reliable than in the past.
Believe me those numbers are down to a fraction since 2022/2023 .

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

It’s tough to call this without actual samples and data. There are threads on here ranting about Bosch reliability, and I know guys with over 5000miles on motors they’ve abused through British winters. There are people who’ve had 5 brose motors in 6 months, there are people who have had 3 years from one motor. Without seeing large scale numbers and failure rate, it’s impossible to say how reliable any given motor is.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Do you know about any riders with 5 Bosch motors in 6 months?
I have actual data about Bosch gen4 on a certain European brand and Brose On Levo's .
It's not even close !!

Lexle

Jun 4, 2023
Germany
Do you know about any riders with 5 Bosch motors in 6 months?
I have actual data about Bosch gen4 on a certain European brand and Brose On Levo's .
It's not even close !!
You have to compare Motors from 22/23 on , the belt issue was clear and is solved.

Lexle

Jun 4, 2023
Germany
I rode it on the Brose Testbike like it is shown in the emtb news Video.

95 Nm, powerful and still natural ride feeling and quietest Motor in this category ( no whining even under full load)

Last edited:

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
I rode it on the Brise Trstbike like it is shown in the emtb news Video.

95 Nm, powerful and still natural ride feeling and quietest Motor in this category ( no whining even under full load)
Sounds promising,hopefully we will see it on some bikes soon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles